9-2: Rex Ryan Presser After Final Cuts to 53

26CornerBlitz

9-2: REX RYAN PRESS CONFERENCE (14:13)

Rex Ryan about to address the media and the Bills final roster cuts.

Rex - Last year we had ideal situation WR group, special teams wise. Kept 6 safeties for that reason this year #Bills

Rex- Final 53 can change based on other teams' cuts

Rex- O'Leary showed last night why he was drafted by us

Rex- Cardale and O'Leary impressed last night with intensity

Rex- We will go forward with the lack of height at WR

Rex- Gillislee/Goodwin fully cleared from concussion protocol. A. Williams is not just yet.

Rex- Henderson has medical issues, Spikes, J. Williams are limited today in practice

Goodwin and Gillislee cleared. A. Williams still in protocol. Colt Anderson and Seymour day to day

Rex- Bush is main return man, Powell will be included on kickoffs

Rex- Seantrel Henderson may still be ready for Week 1

Rex- Alexander earned the right to be the starter

Rex- Won't get into exact reasons of Lawson release

Rex- O'Leary earned a spot last night

I have to say that I've been very impressed with Rex's demeanor this pre-season and especially during the press conferences. He's more humble and direct, like a guy on a mission to prove everyone wrong and who wants his performance to do the talking for him. I think that attitude, if he can maintain it during the regular season, will help the team immensely to stay focused. I give him a lot of credit for this because I don't think it's in his nature to be that way.

One of my surprises was keeping 6 safeties. Rex explains...

Q: You have 11 DBs, six safeties and five corners. Were the six safeties rooted in special teams abilities? Was that the biggest factor and with five corners, are you comfortable knowing (Kevon) Seymour’s still got the hamstring?

A: Well I think sometimes you prefer it the other way with the corners over the safeties, so I certainly get that. This is unusual, I’ve never had six safeties ever make a team so this is definitely unusual, and a big part of it is special teams, I don’t think there’s any doubt about that. Last year we almost had an ideal situation for receivers when you had two guys that were big time special teams contributors. This year we don’t have that, so that played into it. Just happens that we’re really heavy at that safety position.

http://bills.buffalonews.com/2016/09/02/said-bills-transcripts-roster-cutdown-day-rex-ryan-doug-whaley-glenn-gronkowski/

Edited by hondo in seattle

the transcript and the Lawson are kind of telling. guess we will find out in time. reads like not a football related cut?

When a reporter mentioned Manny being under investigation or injury Rex clamed up and said he didn't want to get into specifics, so that tells me they had something to do with it.

Boykin not on 53 will bite us.

just another track guy

I have to say that I've been very impressed with Rex's demeanor this pre-season and especially during the press conferences. He's more humble and direct, like a guy on a mission to prove everyone wrong and who wants his performance to do the talking for him. I think that attitude, if he can maintain it during the regular season, will help the team immensely to stay focused. I give him a lot of credit for this because I don't think it's in his nature to be that way.

Watching the commercials for their MSG show he sounded as annoying as usual.