Week 1: Ravens' Game Preparation - Inactives Announced

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're correct. I thought they slid him inside to start his career like Miami is doing with Tunsil.

Which, by the way, upsets me from a practical standpoint.

You're taking your LT of the future and stunting his growth by making him learn a new position, just so that you can move him back to LT whenever you part ways with Albert (which is probably next season).

The irony, of course, is that Albert played LG in college, so if anyone should be moving positions, why not the guy that actually has experience playing there?

IMO, it's a dumb coaching move.

You're taking your LT of the future and stunting his growth by making him learn a new position, just so that you can move him back to LT whenever you part ways with Albert (which is probably next season).

The irony, of course, is that Albert played LG in college, so if anyone should be moving positions, why not the guy that actually has experience playing there?

It's Miami. Does them making dumb coaching moves surprise you?

Good points.

It's Miami. Does them making dumb coaching moves surprise you?

Actually, yes. I think Gase is a heady coach, and I am surprised that this is his approach along the offensive front.

Maybe it stems from not wanting to upset the apple cart in his first offseason as a head coach.

Actually, yes. I think Gase is a heady coach, and I am surprised that this is his approach along the offensive front.

Maybe it stems from not wanting to upset the apple cart in his first offseason as a head coach.

Thus far color me unimpressed with Gase -- he gets credit for being a QB whisperer because he was hanging around the office for Peyton Manning's record breaking year? And please don't start with how he magically transformed Cutler, either. The numbers are not dramatic the last time I looked.

Thus far color me unimpressed with Gase -- he gets credit for being a QB whisperer because he was hanging around the office for Peyton Manning's record breaking year? And please don't start with how he magically transformed Cutler, either. The numbers are not dramatic the last time I looked.

I don't know that he had any magical effect on Cutler, but I do know that his sacks and turnovers went way down, and that his passer rating went way up. He also had a career-high YPA last year.

As to why I like Gase: he's creative. He knows how to mix concepts into his passing game to put the defense at a disadvantage. Here's a great breakdown from Mike Martz on what Gase does well:

http://mmqb.si.com/2014/12/02/nfl-mike-martz-adam-gase-mike-mccoy-mike-mccarthy-best-offensive-minds

I don't know that he had any magical effect on Cutler, but I do know that his sacks and turnovers went way down, and that his passer rating went way up. He also had a career-high YPA last year.

As to why I like Gase: he's creative. He knows how to mix concepts into his passing game to put the defense at a disadvantage. Here's a great breakdown from Mike Martz on what Gase does well:

http://mmqb.si.com/2014/12/02/nfl-mike-martz-adam-gase-mike-mccoy-mike-mccarthy-best-offensive-minds

Agreed. Fans are all too ready to label a coach an offensive (or defensive) "genius" and then to call out the "genius" for being a fraud as soon as things go wrong. Gase followed Mike McCoy ("genius" for reworking the Broncos offense around Tebow when they gave up on Orton, then for reworking it again in Peyton's image) and while the Broncos record-breaking offensive success was largely a product of Peyton's last great year, Gase was by all accounts a part of it. He knows offense, but it's not like he totally transformed how offense is played in the NFL.

EDIT: BTW, well worth reading (re-reading for me) the link above. Thanks bandit for reminding us of that one ...

Edited by The Frankish Reich

@SalSports

"We are going to do some things that if we don't sack (Flacco), we can at least disrupt him." -- Rex.

Rex says he thinks Tyrod Taylor has already proven his professionalism and leadership he needs to see as far as contract extension

Rex Ryan says it's important in his defense that they have safeties who can play man-to-man (converted CB) like A. Williams, Graham, Blanton

@SalSports

On depth at OT, Rex: "I feel blessed to have Kouandjio." Says he's made tremendous improvements.

@ChrisBrownBills

Rex- on OL depth - going into it we feel pretty good. Kouandjio has improved, picked up Lewis & Have Groy. #GoBillsNFL_Season_2016_BUF.png

@AdamBenigni

#Bills Rex Ryan: Team has to keep emotions under control... "We have to play smart." @wgrz

@MatthewFairburn

Rex Ryan says the Bills have to get up for this game but can't be out of control like they were at times last year.

538's Week 1 and season predictions are up. Bills project at .... 8.1 wins. Predicted point differential for the season: +4.5. That's about as average as you can get.

Week 1: Ravens 53% chance of winning. Nearly a toss-up.

EDIT: I should also note the 12th ranked team by their ELO. That's pretty decent. But in the AFC East, that means a 36% chance of making the playoffs (yeah, Pats ...). Houston is ranked right below the Bills and yet they have a 49% chance given their division.

Edited by The Frankish Reich

#Bills Rex Ryan: Team has to keep emotions under control... "We have to play smart." @wgrz

@MatthewFairburn

Rex Ryan says the Bills have to get up for this game but can't be out of control like they were at times last year.

I wonder what they might do differently for preparation...how are they going to focus on playing smarter?

I feel that it's the players' responsibility to get focused as a group and hold each other accountable. At this level, the coach shouldn't need to do much in that regard.

I wonder what they might do differently for preparation...how are they going to focus on playing smarter?

I feel that it's the players' responsibility to get focused as a group and hold each other accountable. At this level, the coach shouldn't need to do much in that regard.

Average IQ of the team dropped when they cut Manny Lawson. But rebounded when Seantrel was suspended.

@SalSports

Kevon Seymour is practicing today.

Average IQ of the team dropped when they cut Manny Lawson. But rebounded when Seantrel was suspended.

Seantrel is actually very intelligent and was an honor student at his HS in Minnesota.

@StepnerABC2

#Ravens Eric Weddle on #Bills Tyrod Taylor says he has every quality you want in a quarterback.

Crw8bMeWAAEcxPd.jpg

@SalSports

Kevon Seymour is practicing today.

Seantrel is actually very intelligent and was an honor student at his HS in Minnesota.

@StepnerABC2

#Ravens Eric Weddle on #Bills Tyrod Taylor says he has every quality you want in a quarterback.

Crw8bMeWAAEcxPd.jpg

OK, maybe I should have used Karlos as a counterweight to Manny the engineer.