Gonna suck for the few players who make the 53 man roster...

Big Turk

I dont know if I could be any more dissapointed in Biermann..........for a vet guy u think he would have played better....a LB traded for the day before the game came in and outplayed him.

Gronk could end up not being on the the team come week 1....they might be looking form someone with more experience...

Did Marquez Grey end up making his team?

We are very thin at LB for the first few weeks .. 6 safeties helps with that I guess ..

That all said, I thought LB Biermann should be ahead of either WR - very thin there and that dude looked pretty good to me.

Really? He sucked.

As for Gronk.... we have Greg Roman. He is the best run game coordinator in the NFL. You have to expect us to run the ball in a bunch if different ways and some of those require a full back. Personally I'd have still kept Felton but can understand the logic of the cheaper option.

You're right. But it's part of the game. No vets will be cut after Wk 1 'cause their entire salary is guaranteed. The young'uns know there's liable to be subject to a roster move, or two, or three.

O'Leary, Gronk

I think Baby Gronk is a lock with Felton's release. I believe the Bills are very excited about his versatility and intelligence. The guy seems almost cerebral in comparison to his brother and made huge strides through camp and the preseason.

My list of players who should still be on high alert:

O'Leary

Groy

Blanton

I agree with eball. I think the only way Gronk goes now is if the Bills decide to go without a fullback on the roster at some stage and I'd be surprised if they are close to that yet. I think the change from last year to this on Felton is:

- the Bills still want a full back but they are not going to use one as much as maybe they thought they were a year ago;

- therefore a full back who is just that and offers little else is a waste of a spot;

- Gronk gives them more on special teams and felxibility as an emergency TE;

- Gronk also frees up a bit of money and the chances were that Felton was gone next year regardless (when there is a big cap saving from his deal);

- they had a young, cheap, versatile guy they liked so they made the move.

I use to say a similar about the NBA even tougher yet to make the team, 30 teams and only 12 slots. I use to say it's easier to become president of some country than make the NBA as there are more countries in the world than NBA slots.

Out of the millions of high school players, only 6% play college ball. Less than 1% of that 6% are good enough to play pro. Of that 1% there's only 53 spots per team. Basically you have a better shot at winning the lottery than being an NFL player. There are going to be over 700 guys today that will be told they aren't good enough and to find a new job. Crazy to think about it like that!

And then get cut 2 or 3 days later when their team picks up players from other teams who have gotten cut and then releases them....happens every year, and it must be the ultimate kick in the gut after the high of making the roster when you've poured blood, sweat and tears into it for the entire offseason, training camp and pre-season....

Go from the highest of highs to the lowest of lows all within 48-72 hours...

So who are the few players on the Bills roster that get whacked after initially making the roster this year from the Bills signing a player once other teams make their cuts?

I'm betting Nick O'Leary is one of them....

Nick O'Leary and Ryan Groy come to mind for me.

Of course it does. Wanna sign your stars? The mid level vets have to go...

I dont agree this was the motivation, just a bonus.

Felton has not lived up to his contract and Glenn G has played above expectations and is more flexible for Roman to use.

Lawson ? something is odd there . He was the best player playing outside after Hughes

Out of the millions of high school players, only 6% play college ball. Less than 1% of that 6% are good enough to play pro. Of that 1% there's only 53 spots per team. Basically you have a better shot at winning the lottery than being an NFL player. There are going to be over 700 guys today that will be told they aren't good enough and to find a new job. Crazy to think about it like that!

What is crazier are the players who beat those almost impossible odds and then throw it all away through stupidity.

Karlos Williams is a recent example of that player.