McCoy - Best player no one is talking about

Jerry Jabber

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sal predicted today that JWill won't make the 53 and they will try to PS him. He thinks it will be Gillislee as RB2

So they'll keep 2 RB's? Or Wilder or Herron will make it over him? LOL, no.

Edit: Just saw the official cut list. No surprise.

Edited by Doc

http://247nflnews.com/best-nfl-player-no-one-talking/

If McCoy can stay healthy for all 16 games, than I think he can regain his status as one of the top RB's in the league, especially in Greg Roman's offense.

McCoy tarnished his brand with a lack of big play explosiveness and an abundance of complaints and nagging injuries and just un-supported noise over the past two seasons.......especially last year......hence the lack of attention coming into this year.

I think it might have come to a head last year with the humiliation in Philly and subsequent disaster in Washington.

He's said the right things this offseason.......and in limited action looked like the player he was in that 5 ypc 1500+ yard rushing season 3 years ago when he was fueled by a contentious back and forth competition between he and AD.

Is more focus and better preparation all it's going to take to get him back to peak form for at least this season? I have my doubts that the pile of leg/foot injuries are just going to go away in year 8 but I'm keeping my fingers crossed because he is going to get the bulk of the touches in this offense again so they need a lot more from him this time.

I am looking forward to the big play and the TD finally returning to his game.

Contrary to eball's take though, I've never said McCoy was washed up. Less explosive? No question over the past two seasons. High mileage and subsequently more prone to injury? Yes. Not willing to follow the same blocks that lesser backs followed to much more production per touch? Yes. Questionable focus? Yes. Overpaid? He and his agent milked out $47M in guarantees from the Eagles and Bills in a 3 year span......so DEFINITELY.

Contrary to eball's take though, I've never said McCoy was washed up. Less explosive? No question over the past two seasons. High mileage and subsequently more prone to injury? Yes. Not willing to follow the same blocks that lesser backs followed to much more production per touch? Yes. Questionable focus? Yes. Overpaid? He and his agent milked out $47M in guarantees from the Eagles and Bills in a 3 year span......so DEFINITELY.

:lol: You said he'd be out of the league and working in radio before he turned thirty. If that's not believing he's washed up then I don't know what is. Trolling right along...

McCoy tarnished his brand with a lack of big play explosiveness and an abundance of complaints and nagging injuries and just un-supported noise over the past two seasons.......especially last year......hence the lack of attention coming into this year.

I think it might have come to a head last year with the humiliation in Philly and subsequent disaster in Washington.

He's said the right things this offseason.......and in limited action looked like the player he was in that 5 ypc 1500+ yard rushing season 3 years ago when he was fueled by a contentious back and forth competition between he and AD.

Is more focus and better preparation all it's going to take to get him back to peak form for at least this season? I have my doubts that the pile of leg/foot injuries are just going to go away in year 8 but I'm keeping my fingers crossed because he is going to get the bulk of the touches in this offense again so they need a lot more from him this time.

I am looking forward to the big play and the TD finally returning to his game.

At least I see you hedging your bet a bit...good for you. ;)

My opinion is McCoy needs to move to Missouri. "Show Me" that he is still a high end RB and not just a RB who can catch.

I am not saying he is NOT, just that after two lackluster seasons at his pay grade he needs to demonstrate it - he got a revamped contract when not necessary. The Bills did it because he was 'unhappy' with trade and that is not a good reason. He was due $24.25 million over the next three years and that was enough.

Last year the Bills got very, very lucky with backup support Karlos provided; I cannot see this reoccurring.

http://247nflnews.com/best-nfl-player-no-one-talking/

If McCoy can stay healthy for all 16 games, than I think he can regain his status as one of the top RB's in the league, especially in Greg Roman's offense.

Jabber - are you trying to give BADOL an aneurism? I read your title and thought badol's head would explode. I'm just kidding Badol as we know how much you love McCoy.

We'll see on McCoy. If you do the math last year had he played 16 games he would have around 12-1300 yards. Let's see if he can make it 16 games.

Yes, for every non-expert opinion there is an equal and opposite non-expert opinion.

lol'd

The thing about McCoy that surprised me the most was his ability (and willingness) to block in the backfield. It makes him incredibly valuable and makes his 2nd highest salary at RB more palatable.

Yep I was very surprised/delighted/ worried, at some of the blocks he made. The Man does have heart

My opinion is McCoy needs to move to Missouri. "Show Me" that he is still a high end RB and not just a RB who can catch.

I am not saying he is NOT, just that after two lackluster seasons at his pay grade he needs to demonstrate it - he got a revamped contract when not necessary. The Bills did it because he was 'unhappy' with trade and that is not a good reason. He was due $24.25 million over the next three years and that was enough.

Last year the Bills got very, very lucky with backup support Karlos provided; I cannot see this reoccurring.

Yeah the "prove it" aspect is lost on people here.

There were people on TSW talking about how great McCoy looked last year when in fact, even in his best games he NEVER looked like a top 3 RB in the NFL.

He didn't make his name by being the undersized 4.2-4.5 ypc RB he's been 3 of the past 4 seasons........he made his name by making big plays and putting the ball in the end zone and he just didn't do it last year.

People see what they want to see........like the people who thought Manny Lawson played well the other night(sheesh).

Personally, I think McCoy came to Buffalo focused on proving Chip Kelly wrong about him.........that it was Kelly's fault that he didn't perform like he had in 2013 and that he didn't need to change anything. Not his style or his preparation.

But he found out with little uncertainty that older players gotta' work harder just to keep what they have.

He got a big dose of humble pie in his Super Bowl when Philly knowingly choked off his sideline trajectory and made him eat sh*t in front of the home folks and then got a season ending busted knee after a feeble, broken effort the following week.

He said the right things in the offseason and now he's no longer a jilted Eagle watching the scoreboard instead of being focused on being the best Bills player he can be. Not surprised he made note that NOW he feels like a Bill.

Better late than never but the question remains will maturity and ability intersect or will mileage/injuries keep him from putting up a huge season.

Better late than never but the question remains will maturity and ability intersect or will mileage/injuries keep him from putting up a huge season.

The bigger question is, how's his radio career coming along? I hope he's working on those chops since he's less than a year away from being out of work.

The thing about McCoy that surprised me the most was his ability (and willingness) to block in the backfield. It makes him incredibly valuable and makes his 2nd highest salary at RB more palatable.

ej-manuel-fumble.gif?w=500&h=296

Look at 25 hustling to make the tackle. I don't care about perceived "maturity"; i care that he puts it all out there on the field. He does.

i guess i am not the only one that saw this

That bet situation was classic.

As soon as I offered to put some decent money on it the courage/conviction ratio was exposed for what it really is. :lol:

Here is the reality........I'm not saying anything that doesn't make sense......I'm just saying things that you guys are AFRAID are also true.........and that's why it hurts you.

Sometimes I wonder if any of you spend any time around......you know......other human beings.

Because it was pretty obvious not long after the trade was consummated that this guy was a distracted mess with zero interest in being in Buffalo and in denial about the reason why he was traded.

Yeah, he bottomed out.......but I give McCoy credit for knowing he had to make a change. If anything, that's what I underestimated from him because I thought he would just go into a 3rd straight year of blaming his issues on....coaches, fate, racism....basically anything other than LeSean McCoy.

I see people like Mrags with his rigid takes......this player sucks......end of story so I get why some of you try to affix absolutes to my takes that aren't there.

But mine aren't like that. I am not afraid to make a prediction.......and I've been proven right A LOT.......but I understand that players can get better.

Eric Wood is the perfect example. When he was younger he suffered two season ending injuries doing stupid things. First, snapping his leg trying to anchor against bigger, stronger DL. Second, blowing a knee ligament unnecessarily chasing a play where he was hoping to get a cheap shot from behind on a DL. His bones and knees didn't get stronger he's just managed to stay on the field now because he knows his limitations. Roman's system suits him well but to paraphrase Roman from the other day......you adapt or you die in the NFL.

Wood was able to admit that he played badly in 2014 and put in the preparation to keep his career alive.

McCoy looks like he's made some changes both physically and wrt attitude and focus.......but let me remind you that as of yet he is still 1500 yards and 10 TD's short of a 1500 yard and 10 TD season........but I can't stop you guys from taking a very premature victory lap. I wouldn't advise it, but by all means enjoy yourselves. :lol:

As soon as I offered to put some decent money on it the courage/conviction ratio was exposed for what it really is. :lol:

Here is the reality........I'm not saying anything that doesn't make sense......I'm just saying things that you guys are AFRAID are also true.........and that's why it hurts you.

Sometimes I wonder if any of you spend any time around......you know......other human beings.

Because it was pretty obvious not long after the trade was consummated that this guy was a distracted mess with zero interest in being in Buffalo and in denial about the reason why he was traded.

Yeah, he bottomed out.......but I give McCoy credit for knowing he had to make a change. If anything, that's what I underestimated from him because I thought he would just go into a 3rd straight year of blaming his issues on....coaches, fate, racism....basically anything other than LeSean McCoy.

I see people like Mrags with his rigid takes......this player sucks......end of story so I get why some of you try to affix absolutes to my takes that aren't there.

But mine aren't like that. I am not afraid to make a prediction.......and I've been proven right A LOT.......but I understand that players can get better.

Eric Wood is the perfect example. When he was younger he suffered two season ending injuries doing stupid things. First, snapping his leg trying to anchor against bigger, stronger DL. Second, blowing a knee ligament unnecessarily chasing a play where he was hoping to get a cheap shot from behind on a DL. His bones and knees didn't get stronger he's just managed to stay on the field now because he knows his limitations. Roman's system suits him well but to paraphrase Roman from the other day......you adapt or you die in the NFL.

Wood was able to admit that he played badly in 2014 and put in the preparation to keep his career alive.

McCoy looks like he's made some changes both physically and wrt attitude and focus.......but let me remind you that as of yet he is still 1500 yards and 10 TD's short of a 1500 yard and 10 TD season........but I can't stop you guys from taking a very premature victory lap. I wouldn't advise it, but by all means enjoy yourselves. :lol:

For me its not so much a victory lap it is rooting for a bills player.....I root for all of them.

If Shady was never a bills player I wouldnt care a lick about it about him....and I wont care a lick about him after he is gone......

but as long as he is a bill? My pom poms are on

It was classic, it exposed you for the coward you are. After months of talking ridiculous nonsense you backed out because you realized how silly your stance was. You like to talk a big game but you got no stones when it counts.