SBNation:Buffalo's 3 Black QBs battling themselves & history

YoloinOhio

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not that much, though.

Yes, as zonabb so eloquently pointed out. I know in the suburbs things have been moving a little bit (and I do mean a little). Downtown may be a different story.

You can think what you want, but it's a pretty popular sentiment by a lot of people based on their experiences. You dont have to pry to hard to get someone to admit it.

That's sad Dr. D. Sorry you feel that way. Sorry anybody does.

Can't even win at being racist. Typical buffalo. Middle of the pack as usual.

LOL :thumbsup::beer: :beer:

Buffalo has never had an issue of black QBs - James Harris was drafted by Buffalo and was just 2nd black QB of the modern era.

Good counter point to the article. I cant say that Buffalo isnt a racist city, but it's true that the Bills haven't had an issue with black QBs.

Wow. Until I saw this thread and read that idiotic article, it never even dawned on me that we had three black QB's, or that anyone put any more significance on that fact over the other facts we discuss here. Namely, that TT is God, EJ sucks and needs to go, and that Cardale is the second coming and should get the backup job over EJ. Most racist city in the North? I bet that Rashad Brown never spent any time in Central PA, Philly, or Pittsburgh. There's a reason that the Mason-Dixon line is the southern border of PA. I grew up in the 70's and 80's in lily-white NT, but you can't say the same about the demographics of NT now. "Pattern of segregation?" Tyler Tynes should be ashamed for writing such a blatant agenda piece under the guise of a news reporter. This was an opinion column. Here is this guy's bio (shocker, he used to work for The Huffington Post): http://www.sbnation.com/authors/tyler-tynes

Edited by Freddie's Dead

For awhile Jason Sehorn of the Giants was the only white CB in the NFL. Don't know if there are any now.

Dustin Fox was the last one in the NFL, I think. Played for Bills at one point. He has a (really good) sports talk show in Cleveland on 92.3 the fan. Edited by YoloinOhio

You can think what you want, but it's a pretty popular sentiment by a lot of people based on their experiences. You dont have to pry too hard to get someone to admit it.

I don't think I'm alone in wanting to enjoy football apart from a discussion of race relations. The author chose to "fan the flames" by intimating that racism somehow plays a role in coaching decisions. A ridiculous thought since every coach looks to maximize talent no matter what color of skin. If this was about governmental appointments, presidential elections, or fair wages, then the race discussion may be appropriate; I just don't believe (don't hold it against me) that racism is alive and well in the selection of players on a professional football team. Just my opinion.

Wow. Until I saw this thread and read that idiotic article, it never even dawned on me that we had three black QB's, or that anyone put any more significance on that fact over the other facts we discuss here. Namely, that TT is God, EJ sucks and needs to go, and that Cardale is the second coming and should get the backup job over EJ. Most racist city in the North? I bet that Rashad Brown never spent any time in Central PA, Philly, or Pittsburgh. There's a reason that the Mason-Dixon line is the southern border of PA. I grew up in the 70's and 80's in lily-white NT, but you can't say the same about the demographics of NT now. "Pattern of segregation?" Tyler Tynes should be ashamed for writing such a blatant agenda piece under the guise of a news reporter. This was an opinion column. Here is this guy's bio (shocker, he used to work for The Huffington Post): http://www.sbnation.com/authors/tyler-tynes

The same NT where a white guy just burnt down a black fireman's house after leaving racist notes?

The same NT that was a sundown town til only the 60s, and those people are mostly still alive, and up until the 2000s still rang it's "Sundown" siren?

I don't think I'm alone in wanting to enjoy football apart from a discussion of race relations. The author chose to "fan the flames" by intimating that racism somehow plays a role in coaching decisions. A ridiculous thought since every coach looks to maximize talent no matter what color of skin. If this was about governmental appointments, presidential elections, or fair wages, then the race discussion may be appropriate; I just don't believe (don't hold it against me) that racism is alive and well in the selection of players on a professional football team. Just my opinion.

Fair enough take. I can jive with that. :thumbsup:

The same NT where a white guy just burnt down a black fireman's house after leaving racist notes?

The same NT that was a sundown town til only the 60s, and those people are mostly still alive, and up until the 2000s still rang it's "Sundown" siren?

Now there's a term I haven't heard in a while. Brings back bad memories of computer screens and census data. Thanks a lot :sick:

Racist

Now there's a term I haven't heard in a while. Brings back bad memories of computer screens and census data. Thanks a lot :sick:

Racist

haha, I typed that (jive) and paused for a second, but left it to see if anyone would pick up on it. :thumbsup:

and yeah, that whole sundown town thing... :sick:

If the author really wanted to start a **** storm, he would have analyzed the all white WR's/TE/QB's on NE and questioned why Bill Bellichick is considered a "genius"....but nobody wants to offend the hoodie.