Antonio Brown and Steelers Agree on a Restructured Deal

@AdamSchefter

Steelers and Antonio Brown on verge of a restructured contract expected to be completed shortly, per league source.

@AntonioBrown84

CrMhuNPWYAAasgI.jpg

@MikeGarafolo

Antonio Brown was due $6.25m this year. Will now earn north of $10m, source says.

I'll bet it came with some assurances that he'll get a brand new deal next offseason, because $10M is still remarkably underpaid for the most productive WR in the league.

I'll bet it came with some assurances that he'll get a brand new deal next offseason, because $10M is still remarkably underpaid for the most productive WR in the league.

When he gets his new deal, it'll be one to keep an eye on for how it will impact the Bills and Sammy.

Feels a little Tyrod-ish to me. "Look, you've clearly outplayed your deal so we are going to throw you some extra cash. After this year we can further get you in line with where you belong."

@AlbertBreer

So Brown was set to have $6.25M base in '16, $8.71M base in '17 ... Now, he has $8.975M bonus/$1.275M base in '16, $4.71M base in '17.

@Gil_Brandt

More receptions in last 2 years (265) than any player in a 2-year span in NFL history. Great in fantasy and reality.

@AdamSchefter

Antonio Brown’s reworked contract also will save the Steelers about $500,000 against this year’s salary cap, per source.