Dreadful story on Rochester teen

Saxum

i agreed with all the rest of your post. I will just add to this point. You have no idea how many dirty disgusting people there are in the world that would do, or do these things on a regular basis. When you are around these people every day you get The feeling that there is much more of this sort of thing than most people realize.

Yes, I could only imagine. You try to shelter your kids as much as possible. My sister is an FBI agent & the stories she could tell. She deals with internet pedophile stuff. Very distrubing.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, I could only imagine. You try to shelter your kids as much as possible. My sister is an FBI agent & the stories she could tell. She deals with internet pedophile stuff. Very distrubing.

I've read some stuff about what goes on in foreign countries, especially Europe and Asia. It's the worst of humanity.

This is family to me. Please don't speculate especially wildly and baseless like this. She has been missing for a long time and we just found out this year that she was dead. Now having these details leaves the feeling of is it better to know or wonder.

She was a great kid. Her mom is a great mom. I probably won't comment here again as this is obviously personal to me but just think before you post that some, especially sh*tty situations, involve some of us here on the board.

Your point is spot on here save one. Dawn did tell her not to go and it was because she didn't want her to go. It wasn't veiled permission.

Many of us make dumb choices as teens but most of us live to learn from them.

I'm very sorry for your loss and wholeheartedly agree with all parts of your post. I will focus on the part I bolded. Even the most straight laced A student teenager does a few things that could get him/her into a lot of trouble or worse. It is the nature of being that age. It's odd I think because when we're close to it, it becomes harder to understand instead of easier.

Sometimes we can objectively look at teenagers that are far away and see that it is just the nature of the age. Other times we want to blame someone like the parents, the government or the economic circumstances....or even the kid. It seems to me that when someone is close to us, it is harder to understand their actions, which is counterintuitive. Because we know that person, we think we can explain everything to them and they will listen and understand. They understood when they were 2 and we told them not to put their hand on the hot stove. This is the same thing and they are older and smarter right? But the filter of a teenager tunes out the message a lot of times. It can even turn the message 180 degrees.

Sadly, after that I think a lot of things become a numbers game. X% of drunk drivers end up in fatal accidents.....Y% of teens end up in this type of trouble or that. I think their filter sees that 100-x% = the vast majority of drunk drivers end up getting home. I don't think they can see the real value in what they are risking in that x%. I just don't think most teens can make that correlation. After something terrible happens, it gets analyzed like it was a number, which does not do it justice. No analysis can really do it justice. In this case it is clear the only real blame to be handed out is to the depraved perpetrators. Everything else pales in comparison. Of course everything must be done to bring the perpetrators to justice, but it seems even more important to me to always remember the victim for who she was. A good kid. Society too often remembers people by a single event, good or bad. That is society's issue and won't likely ever change. But it isn't what is real or what is important no matter how often it is repeated. For every person ever born, life is a continuum filled with both accomplishments and failures. A person should never be remembered, much less judged, for one component of their continuum. Personally, I have strong faith that God knows all and we'll all be judged fairly by him. Judgements by others, especially by groups, are meaningless even if difficult to filter out.

I believe the value in someone's life is literally infinite. When that is taken away, especially at such a young age and even more so in these types of circumstances, the loss is immense and inconceivable. I'm sorry for your loss and wish you and your family lasting peace.

anyone that never disobeyed their parents orders when they were 16-17 are either lying about it or they were the class valedictorian and taking college classes from high school. Either way, not many can honestly say they never did.

On a daily basis. Unfortunately unlike me she's not going to be around to reminisce. That's not the point.