Dreadful story on Rochester teen

Saxum

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I live near these pits and swamps, and theyre no joke. Not filled with maneaters, but when there are 10 or 15 of them, even the small ones will eat their weight and then some.

Spent the night camping in HellHole Swamp a few times and saw my share of them.

Edited by Captain_Quint

I remember seeing this on unsolved mysteries or some show similar a year ago or so. If I remember correctly the parents would not let the daughter go to spring break(she was only 16). She lied & said she was staaying over her girlfriends for the week. Went down there. She was talking to her boyfriend on the phone & the phone suddenly dropped & disconnected. He tried for a day to get a hold of her. Finally told her parents what happened & they got the police involved. They originally suspected the boyfriend but he was obviously back in NYS when this happened. Sad story all the way around. Hits home for anybody that has a young daughter(my daughter just turned 7).

Apparently the family that did it was questioned in the past about two other incidents, too. One was a 19yr old girl with about the same circumstances. Staying in Myrtle and found gang-raped and killed near McClellinville.

The other one, the girl got away, but the dad had tried to throw her in his van.

Never had enough evidence to prosecute on those two.

Apparently the family that did it was questioned in the past about two other incidents, too. One was a 19yr old girl with about the same circumstances. Staying in Myrtle and found gang-raped and killed near McClellinville.

The other one, the girl got away, but the dad had tried to throw her in his van.

Never had enough evidence to prosecute on those two.

A family did this?

A family did this?

I think in this case, only the son was implicated.

But the father and son were questioned in a similar murder of a 19yr old found in McClellinville. The father was also accused in the past of trying to force a woman in Myrtle Beach into his van.

yeah. It's because the parents said not to go to Myrtle Beach that she was raped, beaten and fed to Gators. Got it

I think his point was that parents understand that young, female runaways have no idea of the dangers they face if they are out in the big world all on their own. That's why parents don't let 16 year-olds go to MB on spring break. They simply aren't mature enough to understand how to protect themselves.

And yes this could happen to anyone but there's a reason it happens disproportionately to female, teenage runaways.

I think his point was that parents understand that young, female runaways have no idea of the dangers they face if they are out in the big world all on their own. That's why parents don't let 16 year-olds go to MB on spring break. They simply aren't mature enough to understand how to protect themselves.

And yes this could happen to anyone but there's a reason it happens disproportionately to female, teenage runaways.

teenagers or 30 year olds. Doesn't matter when you are drugged and taken out of the bar. Just sayin

teenagers or 30 year olds. Doesn't matter when you are drugged and taken out of the bar. Just sayin

Yeah it could happen to a 30 year old just as easily but..... don't think for a second these type of monsters don't prey on younger naive girls that are in their teens. Have you ever been a parent of teenage girl before? I haven't but some of my friends have gone thru it & they have told me that it will be the most difficult time as a parent that you will face. Generalization sure, but my point is that teenage girls are usually a handful because they are so vulnerable & naive. It is the parents responsibility to protect them & everybody does the best they can but at the end of the day it is not realistic that you are with them 24 hours a day. Sad case all the way around & I just don't know what kind of people are capable of doing something like this.

Edited by Gordio

Parents of my generation would be arrested today. All of us went to spring break when we were 17. One of my friends went at 16.........and, then when I've seen this story I"m like WTF is she thinking - 16?!?

Which gets to the other point parents always stress when they let their teenagers go places --- stay together in a group.

Which gets to the other point parents always stress when they let their teenagers go places --- stay together in a group.

Yeah, that picture of her leaving the hotel, alone at night, might as well have foreboding music playing behind it.