Ross Martin - K

I actually wanted us to draft Martin with our last pick--he's got a cannon leg.

I don't think that there's a job for any kicker other than Carp this year though, especially if Kroy Biermann makes the final roster, since he can emergency kick if necessary.

@MatthewFairburn

Rex Ryan said the Bills will probably make a decision on whether to keep two kickers after the final preseason game.

@viccarucci

#Bills "pretty close" to deciding on kicker. Pleased w Carpenter & Gay on KOs. Doesn't plan to make decision before final preseason game.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

It seems the latest kickoff the rule change has teams kicking off short more often, and defending the return, versus trying for the touchback. If the Bills decide to pursue that strategy, Carpenter is more than good enough to do double duty, IMO. I suppose there could be some concern about his leg tiring as the season progresses. But I really hope the Bills don't carry two kickers, this year.

It seems the latest kickoff the rule change has teams kicking off short more often, and defending the return, versus trying for the touchback. If the Bills decide to pursue that strategy, Carpenter is more than good enough to do double duty, IMO. I suppose there could be some concern about his leg tiring as the season progresses. But I really hope the Bills don't carry two kickers, this year.

I see what you did there. He's going to be kicking a lot because of how much we're going to score - his leg may get tired.

That is what you meant, right? haha

I see what you did there. He's going to be kicking a lot because of how much we're going to score - his leg may get tired.

That is what you meant, right? haha

Good catch! I should have been clearly and said his leg may tire "late in the season". Does that help?