Luckily Baltimore is having the same pre-season as we are

After watching Sammy and Tyrod's lack of chemistry last week, I started thinking about the low number of reps the majority of our starters have had together so far. Manny, Kyle, Glenn, Sammy, Aaron, Richie--all major players on our team are going to be awfully rusty on opening day.

Rex just said we won't see many starters out there against Detroit either, even for one series.

Here's hoping the Ravens aren't coming out sharp against us because this really has been a tough preseason. The good news is Flacco just played his first series in 279 days since his knee blowout, and Suggs is just getting back from his season ending achilles tear as well and just played his first live snaps in a year.

They have no TE threat with Watson put on IR yesterday, and Pitta/maxx williams out. Lost their rookie RB Dixon for awhile too. Forsett hasn't shown much speed or explosiveness in the preseason according to a team writer.

I'm predicting a sloppy, fun game with a handful of blown assignments,tight hamstrings, cramps, penalties, pre snap timeouts and at least one 12-men-on-the-field call per team.

After watching Sammy and Tyrod's lack of chemistry last week, I started thinking about the low number of reps the majority of our starters have had together so far. Manny, Kyle, Glenn, Sammy, Aaron, Richie--all major players on our team are going to be awfully rusty on opening day.

Rex just said we won't see many starters out there against Detroit either, even for one series.

Here's hoping the Ravens aren't coming out sharp against us because this really has been a tough preseason. The good news is Flacco just played his first series in 279 days since his knee blowout, and Suggs is just getting back from his season ending achilles tear as well and just played his first live snaps in a year.

They have no TE threat with Watson put on IR yesterday, and Pitta/maxx williams out. Lost their rookie RB Dixon for awhile too. Forsett hasn't shown much speed or explosiveness in the preseason according to a team writer.

I'm predicting a sloppy, fun game with a handful of blown assignments,tight hamstrings, cramps, penalties, pre snap timeouts and at least one 12-men-on-the-field call per team.

So the game's going to take 5 hours is what you're saying.

I don't know man.. I thought the Ravens have looked fairly good this preseason despite a few injuries. Their starting D was very physical and dominated Detroit easily. The fact Harbaugh and his staff know Tyrod so well worries me a bit. It's Baltimore's home opener and it's a tough stadium to play in, very noisy. Count me as one who will be impressed if the Bills go in there and come away with a win. I'll be there rooting em on.

I certainly understand your hesitancy to feel confident about the BILLS' game playing in the opening game, but I do think the Defense has played exceptionally well all things considered. And for reasons that are difficult to quantify, I think their Defense takes a major leap forward. I think they're going to have a good year, and I don't think it will take several or even 2 games to make a statement. I think the Offense will be rusty for all the reasons you stated, but I think the Defense from the first snap to the last, shows quite well throughout the year even without Dareus the first 4 games. Just, IMHO of course...

I don't know man.. I thought the Ravens have looked fairly good this preseason despite a few injuries. Their starting D was very physical and dominated Detroit easily. The fact Harbaugh and his staff know Tyrod so well worries me a bit. It's Baltimore's home opener and it's a tough stadium to play in, very noisy. Count me as one who will be impressed if the Bills go in there and come away with a win. I'll be there rooting em on.

Players tend to have great games vs their former teams. Unless you're mario williams.

Interesting angle. If anyone can show the NFL How to attack Tyrods weaknesses maybe it's they guys who developed him over 4 years. If they expose something, the timing stinks. (Remember when Rex & Bro deconstructed chan ball in 2011 after a 5-2 start and they went 1-8 for the balance of the season?)

But I'm betting even if they have something, like pinning him in the pocket, Roman will have a counterpunch.

The same goes the other way. Just as much as Baltimore thinks they know Tyrod, Tyrod also knows them. But the system there is different and the system here is different and Tyrod has much improved since he was with Baltimore.

I honestly don't think any of them knowing anything about each other will be a factor in that game. It's going to come down to whose line is better and who plays disciplined football.

Interesting angle. If anyone can show the NFL How to attack Tyrods weaknesses maybe it's they guys who developed him over 4 years. If they expose something, the timing stinks. (Remember when Rex & Bro deconstructed chan ball in 2011 after a 5-2 start and they went 1-8 for the balance of the season?)

But I'm betting even if they have something, like pinning him in the pocket, Roman will have a counterpunch.

And Tyrod's counterpunch will be what he has been working on all offseason......working FROM the pocket and over the middle

The same goes the other way. Just as much as Baltimore thinks they know Tyrod, Tyrod also knows them. But the system there is different and the system here is different and Tyrod has much improved since he was with Baltimore.

I honestly don't think any of them knowing anything about each other will be a factor in that game. It's going to come down to whose line is better and who plays disciplined football.

I hear ya. The Bills have hundreds of hours of tape on Brady and still can't stop him. It's about talent and matchups. The book is pretty much written about how to stop Tyrod. Big rush up the middle and contain the outside...make him throw under duress in the pocket...off his back foot, etc.. He will kill you if he's allowed to roll and throw on the run (or take off and run).

I hear ya. The Bills have hundreds of hours of tape on Brady and still can't stop him. It's about talent and matchups. The book is pretty much written about how to stop Tyrod. Big rush up the middle and contain the outside...make him throw under duress in the pocket...off his back foot, etc.. He will kill you if he's allowed to roll and throw on the run (or take off and run).

I'd think that's the game plan with all QB's - so it's about can you do it?

We're hoping Tyrod has written a new chapter in his book titled - I've learned to throw over the middle and you're not gonna like it when I do.

This looks like it will be a defensive battle.

However, our run game has been on point, so I feel good about the Bills' ability to control the ball.

Also, Tyrod and Sammy's chemistry will be fine. If they're not on the same page by game 1, they will be by 2 or 3. It won't take half a season like last year. I bet they torch they Jets through the air.

Tyrod's lack of chemistry with Watkins? Didn't he have one pass intended for him?

I remember at least a couple. One overthrown to the sideline of the EZ. Another under pressure that didn't even make it to Watkins. They were tough plays and not good indicators of chemistry level.

I remember at least a couple. One overthrown to the sideline of the EZ. Another under pressure that didn't even make it to Watkins. They were tough plays and not good indicators of chemistry level.

I'm not sure chemistry means what you think it means? Nobody could come away from ten plays and two targets with any true indication of "chemistry" between Tyrod and Sammy.

The way you beat TT is via shootout - he has not been successful in any of those type of games.