What are your plans for Labor Day?

mead107

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would not be the beach where I would plan a vacation but it's the closest beach visit from the central VA area for a day trip. But we usually do not hang around the boardwalk. Croatan Beach is a bit more isolated and no hotels or retail. Thanks for the food recommendations. There are some restaurants in the area with great food. Cafe Europa in Portsmouth is outstanding. The owners have always been there whenever I go. The husband is the main chef and his wife makes the desserts. Amazing wine list as well. Kinda pricey but well worth it...and they are not rushing you to finish your meal.

Looks like 6 hour drive back from Columbia SC today(btw, very cool town, first time i have visited) , then to Spiders-UVA game tomorrow...looks like beach is a washout

Yep. I live in Hampton Roads and the consensus weather forecast is

ITZ GON RAIN!

Should be ok Sun & Mon so you can catch Culture Club on Sun night at the AMF. Today's a washout and many other events are canceled but not Bruce at the Amphitheater.

Going down to Long Beach for a wedding that will almost certainly be part classy and part trashy. Should be good for some laughs.

Classy and trashy. Yup that's LB.

Gym now then off to get some ideas for bathroom remodel. Art festival tomorrow and then some sausage making Monday.

Edited by Chef Jim

Was the 311 show last night cancelled ? Was free at beach no ?

Zach Brown Band is at VB Ampitheater sun night too.

Not sure, some were canceled & some moved indoor. Bruce has been moved to Mon night but I was planning to be in the area Mon. It will just be a later return after the show to central VA

me too...but on North Beach at 49th street.

But will be glued to PC watching the mighty, mighty Spiders roll UVA , at UVA! Wish i could get a money line on that game...but nowhere to be found!

I will be SMH I regret that I could not find one site with a line on this game as the Spiders take a 30-7 lead halfway through 4 th.

I blew off my fence building project to go fishing this morning, and Narcos Season 2 this afternoon. Not even a nibble on the lake, but the show was great. And I trimmed the hedges.

Edited by SAMMY HANDWICH