Kaepernick and the National Anthem

On 11/20/2017 at 6:56 AM, 4merper4mer said:

Did he still have his legs and girlfriend back then?

It was about his life and times and death.  Best anecdote was Jaco had some tinny record player and grew up thinking the lead guitar was played on the bass.

Saw him perform live 3 times and am grateful people are now posting their attempts at his Port of Entry masterpiece, except without the jumping and running around and improvisation to take this to a 20 minute solo.

Edited by row_33

20 minutes ago, row_33 said:

It was about his life and times and death.  Best anecdote was Jaco had some tinny record player and grew up thinking the lead guitar was played on the bass.

Saw him perform live 3 times and am grateful people are now posting their attempts at his Port of Entry masterpiece, except without the jumping and running around and improvisation to take this to a 20 minute solo.

Do you like the US or Canadian national anthem more? 

here's the article.

http://www.bronxbanterblog.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/4758_001.pdf

For anthems: the US is more stirring and a better musical effort, the Canadian is the only one to make my eyes water at times. When the Canadian is played you never know which of the mixes of French and English is going to be happening, so that element of mystery plays into it.

Edited by row_33
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Nelly Furtado turning O Canada into O Tanenbaum during an NBA all-star game was too funny to get upset at.

I always respectfully stand for the US anthem, I don't talk out loud or boo it like many Canadians do.

Friggin you never know what lunatic is sitting there that might get real upset about the deal going down.

What we don't have up here is the jaded fan that is totally hilarious all game long about the miseries of his team, usually of African-American descent.

1 hour ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Dumb dumb Donny speaks out again.  w/o looking up facts

image.thumb.png.906b2fd16e00537dbb34e9b5bd3afc88.png

That is what they used to do prior to 2001 

Well to be fair, The Bills started this precedent by keeping their players in the Locker room during the entire game. They did that or they put them on other teams’ rosters so they wouldn’t have to deal with them. :P:  

Edited by Nanker
  • Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

In the pantheon of Donald J. Trump's presidential tweets, this is the least retarded one I've read.

8 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

really, or mostly???

I don't recall that, attended over 100 games prior to 2001...

11 hours ago, B-Man said:

and he wonders why no one will hire him.

Kaepernick participates in 'Unthanksgiving Day' on Alcatraz

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/11/24/kaepernick-participates-in-unthanksgiving-day-on-alcatraz.html 

GET WOKE, GO BROKE: The NFL ratings slump is getting worse.

But that 26copypaste douchebag insists it is not because of racism.  Maybe he will untuck his tail and his balls and come back to offer more than his meandering bull ****.  

9 hours ago, Boyst62 said:

But that 26copypaste douchebag insists it is not because of racism.  Maybe he will untuck his tail and his balls and come back to offer more than his meandering bull ****.  

Ah, our new William Wallace. "I'm going to pick a fight".

21 hours ago, B-Man said:

and he wonders why no one will hire him.

Kaepernick participates in 'Unthanksgiving Day' on Alcatraz

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/11/24/kaepernick-participates-in-unthanksgiving-day-on-alcatraz.html 

GET WOKE, GO BROKE: The NFL ratings slump is getting worse.

He's a commie. 

2 hours ago, 3rdnlng said:

Ah, our new William Wallace. "I'm going to pick a fight".

He never engages. But I hold a vendetta because he contributed to the downfall with the original Kaepernick thread whilst Beerball bias left him wide open and others banned and punished.