Kaepernick and the National Anthem

Interesting tidbit on perceptions of racism.

https://www.creators.com/read/larry-elder/12/14/crippling-children-by-selling-them-racism

In 1997, CNN and Time conducted a poll that asked white and black teens about "racism." Question: Is racism a major problem in America? Both black and white teens said, "yes." But when black teens were asked if racism is a "big problem," a "small problem" or "no a problem at all" in their own lives 89 percent called racism a "small problem" or "not a problem at all" for themselves.

It's the negative feedback loop effect. If you keep hearing that racism is an issue that affects every part of your day, day in and day out, no matter how true or untrue that may actually be, you begin to believe it. Then you begin to look for any instance that you could possibly perceive to be racism and begin to become hypersensitive to alleged "micro aggressions", instances of perceived "cultural appropriation". Then you go on to social media and some douche looking to find instances of racism with a camera phone blasts it on twitter or FB. Then you view these video's and then you begin to believe it even more so. And the cycle just goes on and on and on and on.

The idea that there is more racism today than there was 20 years ago is preposterous and simply untrue.

Edited by Magox

It's the negative feedback loop effect. If you keep hearing that racism is an issue that affects every part of your day, day in and day out, no matter how true or untrue that may actually be, you begin to believe it. Then you begin to look for any instance that you could possibly perceive to be racism and begin to become hypersensitive to alleged "micro aggressions", instances of perceived "cultural appropriation". Then you go on to social media and some douche looking to find instances of racism with a camera phone blasts it on twitter or FB. Then you view these video's and then you begin to believe it even more so. And the cycle just goes on and on and on and on.

The idea that there is more racism today then there was 20 years ago is preposterous and simply untrue.

So is the idea the world is less safe or there's more crime or the millions of others things people believe.

The 24 hr media cycle will one day be pointed to as the biggest blight on our nation.

The idea that there is more racism today than there was 20 years ago is preposterous and simply untrue.

It's also in large part the ethos of this New Lost Generation. They're inept, powerless, penniless, with little in the way of prospects for a decent future. They have little to do but get high and hang out all day. They look backwards at the 60s and 70s with reverence because there were social causes that were acted on in the streets. Civil Rights, the Vietnam War, Women's Rights, Doper Rights and their existence and contribution are paltry in comparison. Hell, the music was way better back then... and movies and American culture in general. Education was way better then too. The New Lost Generation are quite a collection of Losers. My 2¢.

It's also in large part the ethos of this New Lost Generation. They're inept, powerless, penniless, with little in the way of prospects for a decent future. They have little to do but get high and hang out all day. They look backwards at the 60s and 70s with reverence because there were social causes that were acted on in the streets. Civil Rights, the Vietnam War, Women's Rights, Doper Rights and their existence and contribution are paltry in comparison. Hell, the music was way better back then... and movies and American culture in general. Education was way better then too. The New Lost Generation are quite a collection of Losers. My 2¢.

but they absolutely destroy Trump with a Tweet.

When did it change from:

"To Serve & Protect"

To:

"To Protect & Serve"

I noticed all the cop cars in my town were changed, you can see the old markings.

To protect & serve seems azz-backwards, pulling the cart before the horse.

IMO, me personally, being protected is the least of my worries. I can handle that myself usually. Service is key. One usually finds it more necessary to cheerfully serve others first. Protection is a part of that service.

When did it change from:

"To Serve & Protect"

To:

"To Protect & Serve"

I noticed all the cop cars in my town were changed, you can see the old markings.

To protect & serve seems azz-backwards, pulling the cart before the horse.

IMO, me personally, being protected is the least of my worries. I can handle that myself usually. Service is key. One usually finds it more necessary to cheerfully serve others first. Protection is a part of that service.

The "serve and protect" bit came from LAPD some time ago. It's not every department's mission statement.

26cornerbitch too busy to ignore this because there is no liberal narrative written yet. salon nor wapo sure what to say.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/sports/wp/2017/10/08/nfl-week-5-the-focus-turns-from-protest-to-football-key-games-injuries-fantasy-news/?utm_term=.c3c1144a7210

Vice President Pence

I left today's Colts game because @POTUS and I will not dignify any event that disrespects our soldiers, our Flag, or our National Anthem.

So is the idea the world is less safe or there's more crime or the millions of others things people believe.

The 24 hr media cycle will one day be pointed to as the biggest blight on our nation.

That day has been here for awhile for anyone who's not a complete moron.

26cornerbitch too busy to ignore this because there is no liberal narrative written yet. salon nor wapo sure what to say.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/sports/wp/2017/10/08/nfl-week-5-the-focus-turns-from-protest-to-football-key-games-injuries-fantasy-news/?utm_term=.c3c1144a7210

Cheap publicity stunt ordered by the president. I guess Trump thinks he should keep the accelerator on this stupid culture war.

Cheap publicity stunt ordered by the president. I guess Trump thinks he should keep the accelerator on this stupid culture war.

Well, it's what works to get them votes. Forget about actual policy, legislation etc., that's what non-real Americans worry about.

Well, it's what works to get them votes. Forget about actual policy, legislation etc., that's what non-real Americans worry about.

It's similar to the positive polarization tactic used by Nixon prior to the '72 election. For how much the left overreacts and shoots themselves. in the foot, it wouldn't surprised me if it works for Trump in 2020. By the way, what are non-real Americans?

Edited by Doc Brown