Seantrel Henderson Talks About Battle with Crohn's Disease

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Schefter reports that it is related to his treatment. If that is the case, how can he be suspended . . . .

I would assume it's all pretty automatic. He's appealing, so I would guess that if he can prove it was for his treatment, he'll be able to get out of it.

Not sure how the NFL will react if he was smoking MJ to feel better without a doctor's prescription.

Because the NFL doesn't have an exception for medicinal use, AFAIK.

Seems like it would be a grey area/case by case unless it's specifically against the rules. I don't know if it is or not.

Well with the appeal pending it's basically up to Goodell.

It would be a good PR move by Goodell to not suspend him to show the league cares more about the players health. Assuming it was related to his crohn's treatment and not something else.

Edited by The Wiz

He is supremely talented. If he can keep his disease in check and maintain his health, while getting better at the NFL game, he really could have a very solid / good career. Needs to build his strength and conditioning back to game day caliber first though. Best wishes! Also, on a side note it explains the marijuana frequency as to helping him eat and keep a strong appetite. No joke intended, there are certain medicinal benefits despite its preclusion from NFL life.

^^^^I'm referencing this as it now appears all the more relevant

Because the NFL doesn't have an exception for medicinal use, AFAIK.

The NFL's internal Mickey Mouse law would be superseded by the real law of the land if it came to that.

The critics of that study point out that people who get high report feeling better.

It's not a treatment for Crohn's disease.

Then why is it specifically referenced in NY State legislation as a legitimate medical reason for using marijuana legally in the state?

Talk out your ass much?

The NFL's internal Mickey Mouse law would be superseded by the real law of the land if it came to that.

Then why is it specifically referenced in NY State legislation as a legitimate medical reason for using marijuana legally in the state?

Talk out your ass much?

Marijuana has been used for many different ailments because it alleviates the peripheral issues associated with the symptoms of the disease. MJ doesn't put your Crohn's in remission.

I'm not talking out of my ass, but the irony of that claim is humorous, given the subject matter.

Marijuana has been used for many different ailments because it alleviates the peripheral issues associated with the symptoms of the disease. MJ doesn't put your Crohn's in remission.

I'm not talking out of my ass, but the irony of that claim is humorous, given the subject matter.

You're interpreting a level of specificity that is not stated in the legislation.

The use of marijuana need not put a disease in remission; that's not really what medical marijuana is used for anyway; it is to treat symptoms like pain associated with various conditions.

If there is NY law or other state law saying it is OK for Henderson to be treated with ingested marijuana pursuant to regulations x, y, and z, and that is what he did, this suspension won't stick.

Keep in mind we don't know hardly anything about this at this time.

But it is plausible that Henderson's use was legal, which is the relevant point.

He'll be eligible to play until the appeal is heard and decided upon.

if hes still recovering, that might be the worst approach for us. imagine if hes not even dressing the first couple of weeks as a 4th OT, and then we get the double whammy of an injury and his suspension coming down.

itll be interesting if we hear more on the reasons for appeal and if he has good grounds

if hes still recovering, that might be the worst approach for us. imagine if hes not even dressing the first couple of weeks as a 4th OT, and then we get the double whammy of an injury and his suspension coming down.

itll be interesting if we hear more on the reasons for appeal and if he has good grounds

Good points to consider.