Seantrel Henderson Talks About Battle with Crohn's Disease

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

An example that you never really know what certain player may be going/playing through. Here he was getting crapped on by some fans when in fact he was gutting it out with intense pain and 2.5 feet of diseased intestine.

I figured for sure he would miss the whole season - it would be amazing if he actually suited up this year. Would deserve some kind of comeback award for sure.

There is nothing scandalicious here for them so they didn't care.

They tried to make something out of this with the whole Rex "didn't call him" thing...Bucky Gleason in particular is acting like MSNBC to Trump or Fox News to Hilary...

Wishing this talented young man the best--not just in his football career but long term health and well being..

Edited by JoeF

It is very interesting that it took a writer from Palm Beach to write this.

One would have thought that one of the members of the Buffalo media would have sought out this interview.

Why would they? Haven't you noticed the only thing the local media do is whine, complain and point fingers. Research is also off the table for them. If it's not an opinion piece, it will have to come from else where.

Wow, I didn't realize he was being activated this soon. That's awesome! It will still take him several weeks to get back into game shape, but if he can do it, that's a nice piece to have back.

Why would they? Haven't you noticed the only thing the local media do is whine, complain and point fingers. Research is also off the table for them. If it's not an opinion piece, it will have to come from else where.

Yep.

To be fair, if the head coach didn't even have a clue, why would the press?

crusade

crusade

crusade

I'm defending the Buffalo press which is something I don't enjoy. But honestly, if Rex didn't check in on Henderson would you expect the press to do so? Obviously neither of them thought it was a big deal. If Rex had mentioned his plight in a presser or something then maybe someone would have picked up on a story but the lot of them probably thought the guy was just mainlining Pepcid.

I'm defending the Buffalo press which is something I don't enjoy. But honestly, if Rex didn't check in on Henderson would you expect the press to do so? Obviously neither of them thought it was a big deal. If Rex had mentioned his plight in a presser or something then maybe someone would have picked up on a story but the lot of them probably thought the guy was just mainlining Pepcid.

With Seantrel's issue being a non-football related illness HIPAA laws likely prohibited the team from commenting publicly regarding the player's condition. It's not like an injury report.

I'm really not sticking up for Rex here -- his saying "I haven't talked to him" could just be his way of changing the subject to avoid further questioning.

With Seantrel's issue being a non-football related illness HIPAA laws likely prohibited the team from commenting publicly regarding the player's condition. It's not like an injury report.

I'm really not sticking up for Rex here -- his saying "I haven't talked to him" could just be his way of changing the subject to avoid further questioning.

Exactly.

Nevertheless, this will not hamper the crusade that some here are on.

I guess so. It could have just been a bad choice of words or a lack of confidence in what can and can't be said. He wouldn't be the first person to be confused by HIPAA. What's important is that he actually knew and cared about his player's status. We don't know whether Rex did or didn't know and it truthfully isn't really any of our business.

@AdamBenigni

#Bills Rex Ryan: Excited about Seantrel Henderson being cleared. Anxious to see him make progress. @WGRZ

@ChrisBrownBills

Rex- on expectations for Seantrel - unfair to put an expectation on him. Been a long time since he's been out there. #Bills

Rex- Seantrel has added quite a bit of weight back so he's ok right now. #Bills

Rex- Seantrel an unusual talent. If he can overcome this then that's great. He knows the playbook. Has to get timing down. We'll see. #Bills

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

@AdamBenigni

#Bills Rex Ryan: Excited about Seantrel Henderson being cleared. Anxious to see him make progress. @WGRZ

@ChrisBrownBills

Rex- Seantrel has added quite a bit of weight back so he's ok right now. #Bills

Rex- Seantrel an unusual talent. If he can overcome this then that's great. He knows the playbook. Has to get timing down. We'll see. #Bills

Yeah, but...

@AlexMarvez

Seantrel- I'm glad to be back, but it hurt that Coach Ryan didn't call during my illness