Marcell Dareus entering rehab

YoloinOhio

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure why anyone would jump on his back if he is trying to better himself. He has had a rough life, he has followed that up with some bad decisions. Admitting those mistakes and entering a rehab program is a step in the right direction for a confused your man.

Sure he is rich, sure he screwed up royally, to this point nothing he has done is irreversible. He can redeem himself and make that contract look a lot better by the time things are done.

Not sure why anyone would jump on his back if he is trying to better himself. He has had a rough life, he has followed that up with some bad decisions. Admitting those mistakes and entering a rehab program is a step in the right direction for a confused your man.

Sure he is rich, sure he screwed up royally, to this point nothing he has done is irreversible. He can redeem himself and make that contract look a lot better by the time things are done.

Not about him trying to better himself... It is about what he did. You get a notification 30 days before you get the drug test that he failed. The NFL does this so players can get clean b.c they don't want to catch you.

That is what this is about, he can go and "better" himself anyway he thinks is needed but he shouldn't have been caught in the first place.

Their is no excuses for mistakes, his life upbringing is an excuse. Now he needs to earn everyone's trust back and I don't mean fans.

Not about him trying to better himself... It is about what he did. You get a notification 30 days before you get the drug test that he failed. The NFL does this so players can get clean b.c they don't want to catch you.

That is what this is about, he can go and "better" himself anyway he thinks is needed but he shouldn't have been caught in the first place.

Their is no excuses for mistakes, his life upbringing is an excuse. Now he needs to earn everyone's trust back and I don't mean fans.

Assuming he was a repeat offender he was subject to unannounced testing up to 10 times/month I believe.

Oh it's just a HUGE leap given his history.

I agree, it is a huge leap.

Far more likely is that this is another strike against this kid and he is doing the natural thing--disappearing (ahead of a 4 week suspension, no less!) for a while to go to rehab to indicate just how serious he is this time about changing his behavior.

Maybe he really does want to kick smoking weed (it's really unlikely he's an "addict" or physically dependent on marijuana). If so, maybe this will help him--although there are countless pages on this site saying these guys should be able to smoke as much as they please to treat the pain of playing football. And Dareus needs to go to rehab to take away the soothing effect of the weed?

Edited by Mr. WEO

I agree, it is a huge leap.

Far more likely is that this is another strike against this kid and he is doing the natural thing--disappearing (ahead of a 4 week suspension, no less!) for a while to go to rehab to indicate just how serious he is this time about changing his behavior.

Maybe he really does want to kick smoking weed (it's really unlikely he's an "addict" or physically dependent on marijuana). If so, maybe this will help him--although there are countless pages on this site saying these guys should be able to smoke as much as they please to treat the pain of playing football. And Dareus needs to go to rehab to take away the soothing effect of the weed?

So it isn't an act. You really are a douchebag.

So it isn't an act. You really are a douchebag.

I'm saying it's likely. If he was busted for weed, why would he be going to rehab? Everyone here says weed is exactly for what ails NFL players.

As I said, if he really needs rehab to kick MJ, well, hopefully it works.

I think it's reasonable to be skeptical here, given his history. If that makes me a "douchebag" to even speculate, then I'm really not bothered by your name calling in particular.

I wonder if MD and KW were thought to be bad influences on each other and the cut was semi-related. Obviously would be a HUGE leap to suggest given what we know--- but I think a fair question to ask those behind the scenes.

Or maybe this was suggested to both to help keep tabs during their break and only MD took the opportunity and karlos opted to leave

As suggested by a poster in the Karlos thread, with the timing of his release and Marcel's rehab at the same time, it's likely they gave Karlos the option of rehab or be cut, and he chose to be cut. Marcell didn't have that option. IMO

Edited by YoloinOhio

I wonder if MD and KW were thought to be bad influences on each other and the cut was semi-related. Obviously would be a HUGE leap to suggest given what we know--- but I think a fair question to ask those behind the scenes.

Or maybe this was suggested to both to help keep tabs during their break and only MD took the opportunity and karlos opted to leave

They would cut KArlos for not agreeing to their suggestion he go to marijuana rehab?