Corbin Bryant

YoloinOhio

Out of curiosity, any thoughts on maybe having Washington rotating into NT and Bryant coming in on DE? I seem to recall Bryant and a space blocker and hearing that Washington can 1 gap, which might make him a better fit but maybe I'm misremembering.

When Washington was drafted, Rex made it a point to say that all three DL were going to play all three positions along the line, and that on any snap, you wouldn't know until right before the ball was snapped whether Marcel, or Adolphus, or Kyle, would be at LDE or NT or RDE. I assume they are still going to do that when the season starts, although with Marcel out it's possible they will stick to normal positions a little more.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Worthy, Dozable, Casey Walker will get snaps as well. Has anyone focused on Walker in preseason? Can he occupy 2 interior lineman?

We have a lot of tweeners (DT/DE) that make it difficult to run a 4-3...but we could go Hughes, Williams/Washington, Bryant, Worthy/Washington

Are we sure that he will start? I'm envisioning Washington - Worthy - Williams with Bryant subbing in for Washington and Williams. If the Bills play Washington, Bryant and Williams then they don't have anyone who can play NT so they'd have to go 4-3 and that's not going to happen in this defense IMO.

They seem to fit Rex D better

but...I am actually not looking at that way more so the collection of LBs....I feel like we have better depth there with the addition of Spikes.

We'll have to agree to disagree on this. I would cut Spikes. He hasn't shown anything so far, IMO. And without Ragland and Lawson I'd say the LBs are no better than last season. They just swapped out journeymen here and there.

We'll have to agree to disagree on this. I would cut Spikes. He hasn't shown anything so far, IMO. And without Ragland and Lawson I'd say the LBs are no better than last season. They just swapped out journeymen here and there.

Your intitled to your opinion

but

Bradham looked pretty bad last year.....I know he is def the bigger hitter but I think Z. Brown brings more the table as far as fitting the needs of this particular defense.

and Spikes fits a role on this team.....frankly I see a Z Brown/Spikes tandem being a real thing.

We do? P Brown and Z Brown are better than P Brown and Bradham? I'm not so sure.

You have to factor in better understanding of the defense and the back ups are much better. Say what you want about Spikes, but I'll take him over Tarpley any day

Worthy is really making a case for this team.

He is a little light in the ass......

you been lookin' ?

Worthy is the guy to watch honestly.

I would like C Walker to step up and find a home too. Something about his effort

We do? P Brown and Z Brown are better than P Brown and Bradham? I'm not so sure.

they are. trust me on this one

Spikes needs to knock off the rust. He's been away from the game for a year.

He looked MUCH better against the Giants

you been lookin' ?

Worthy is the guy to watch honestly.

Worthy is hungry. He was on Murph's show yesterday and his excitement was palpable. He wants to get to the QB and get sacks because "sacks mean money." Talked about how the defense fits him and it's fun to be put in different positions with different roles along the line. Sounded like he learned his lesson from his early days when he thought his athleticism was enough; "everybody out here is athletic." Now he studies the game, takes notes, focuses on nutrition, etc. Could be another nice comeback story; he has looked good the first two weeks.

Worthy is hungry. He was on Murph's show yesterday and his excitement was palpable. He wants to get to the QB and get sacks because "sacks mean money." Talked about how the defense fits him and it's fun to be put in different positions with different roles along the line. Sounded like he learned his lesson from his early days when he thought his athleticism was enough; "everybody out here is athletic." Now he studies the game, takes notes, focuses on nutrition, etc. Could be another nice comeback story; he has looked good the first two weeks.

Rex mentioned him by name i thought. at least once.

Thanks for breakdown of him on Murphy's radio show !

It's somewhat ironic that one of the Bills' best defensive efforts last season was when Dareus was out in W1. I'm not suggesting in the least bit that we don't want Marcell in there, but having role players who don't try to freelance (because they don't have Dareus' ability) and will simply execute the scheme is not necessarily a bad thing for the short term.

Worthy, Dozable, Casey Walker will get snaps as well. Has anyone focused on Walker in preseason? Can he occupy 2 interior lineman?

We have a lot of tweeners (DT/DE) that make it difficult to run a 4-3...but we could go Hughes, Williams/Washington, Bryant, Worthy/Washington

I have been watching Casey and he's constantly demanding double teams. When he single blocked he causes pressure. He's my sleeper for the 53 man.

I have been watching Casey and he's constantly demanding double teams. When he single blocked he causes pressure. He's my sleeper for the 53 man.

i think Walker definitely makes it while Dareus is suspended. When Dareus returns he might be expendable but just depends how he does in first 4. Edited by YoloinOhio