Corbin Bryant

YoloinOhio

So it looks like Corbin Bryant will be starting next to Kyle and Adolphus for the first four games. I'll say I think he's been a decent backup but can any of our experts who break down film out there enlighten fans like me on your confidence level with him out there on most snaps?

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bryant cannot handle double teams like Marcell "Old Spice" Dareus. I think for first four games they will need to play more 4-3 defense since depth at DL is still better than depth at OLB. I do wish Rex was as flexible as Wade Phillips was when he two injuries to starting 7 he made changes during week and front 7 were still effective.

Bryant cannot handle double teams like Marcell "Old Spice" Dareus. I think for first four games they will need to play more 4-3 defense since depth at DL is still better than depth at OLB. I do wish Rex was as flexible as Wade Phillips was when he two injuries to starting 7 he made changes during week and front 7 were still effective.

Maybe he is? There are still 25 days until the opener.

Phew... I was scared to open this thread at first. Thought maybe you were going to tell us that he broke his right forearm while hitting his wife as he was driving drunk and on coke.

This was pretty close to my thoughts when opening this thread :lol:

So it looks like Corbin Bryant will be starting next to Kyle and Adolphus for the first four games. I'll say I think he's been a decent backup but can any of our experts who break down film out there enlighten fans like me on your confidence level with him out there on most snaps?

MD is a great player, he makes plays and occupies offensive linemen. He's someone the offense always has to account for and it will hurt without him in the lineup. That being said, Bryant is an excellent backup. Washington is still learning, but looks good and comes from a pro-like college. Add the improved ILBs as mentioned earlier in this thread and I think we're ok, we're losing something, let's not kid ourselves, but we're not doomed by any stretch...GO Bills!

MD is a great player, he makes plays and occupies offensive linemen. He's someone the offense always has to account for and it will hurt without him in the lineup. That being said, Bryant is an excellent backup. Washington is still learning, but looks good and comes from a pro-like college. Add the improved ILBs as mentioned earlier in this thread and I think we're ok, we're losing something, let's not kid ourselves, but we're not doomed by any stretch...GO Bills!

Well and accurately said!

Go Bills!

The first game will be a huge tell all for this team in 2916. Will Rex adapt and know how to handle the team?

Phew... I was scared to open this thread at first. Thought maybe you were going to tell us that he broke his right forearm while hitting his wife as he was driving drunk and on coke.

win.

Playing against Baltimore, I have to believe Ed Reed and Tyrod can help immensely with specific player tendencies and game planning to stop Flacco and Co.

I was surprised when Whaley took another DT in Washington, but watching #92 play last week I'm sure glad he did,especially in light of the Shaq and Dareus issues. Chalk one up for the Best Player Available drafting approach, this kid was shedding blocks and looked strong and fast. Keep an eye on him next game.

If Washington turns out to be a gamer, which I think he is, I'm giving Whaley serious credit for getting him in the 3rd round and getting Hughes off the scrap heap.

Good role player, but the run D will suffer. Maybe someone else will surprise us in the NT role

Just predicting here, but I think they'll be running more 4-3 early on, unless one of the big guys steps up at NT. I look for it to be Bryant, Washington, and Williams with Bierman rounding out the 4. I think the gamble on Ta'Amu is that he can come in when they want to run the 3-4 and be a space taker. None the less, we'll see.

Just predicting here, but I think they'll be running more 4-3 early on, unless one of the big guys steps up at NT. I look for it to be Bryant, Washington, and Williams with Bierman rounding out the 4. I think the gamble on Ta'Amu is that he can come in when they want to run the 3-4 and be a space taker. None the less, we'll see.

More of the 4-3 under? That should put Hughes at DE and Lawson at OLB, I think.

Still going to hurt in the run game, regardless.

I really like Bryant but his role will definitely be different opposite Kyle. Kyle is the type of player when healthy who is because of skill and constant effort is to able to penetrate backfield and Bryant will need to allow him to do so by occupying and shedding blockers as needed.

He is a UFA next year and I am not sure Bills have money to add years to his contract but wish they would.