Marcell substantiated

plenzmd1

it is obviously semantics. Marcel found out Saturday. Player always informed first. The team was notified by the NFL (officially) at a later time, maybe Monday or Tuesday. He's clearly been in the substance abuse program, had multiple violations, and missed a weed test. All things that led to the suspension. That is what TG meant when he said Rex knew about this when he said they won the offseason.

Rex said the report that he knew about the suspension months ago was false. That's true too since he learned of the suspension this week. It's all stupid.

The only way that Rex could have known is if MD told Rex, Whaley, etc that he missed is mandatory testing back whenever it was. That's the only way they would have known back in June/July, whenever it was, that he was likely going to get suspended.

• Replies 724
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it is obviously semantics. Marcel found out Saturday. Player always informed first. The team was notified by the NFL (officially) at a later time, maybe Monday or Tuesday. He's clearly been in the substance abuse program, had multiple violations, and missed a weed test. All things that led to the suspension. That is what TG meant when he said Rex knew about this when he said they won the offseason.

Rex said the report that he knew about the suspension months ago was false. That's true too since he learned of the suspension this week. It's all stupid.

Thank you for saying what I said. You used more words though.

The only way that Rex could have known is if MD told Rex, Whaley, etc that he missed is mandatory testing back whenever it was. That's the only way they would have known back in June/July, whenever it was, that he was likely going to get suspended.

nah I'm pretty sure that the team is informed if a player in the program misses a test. Since he was already in stage 2 (or whatever). They may have appealed it and were waiting to find out if he would actually be suspended. Edited by YoloinOhio

nah I'm pretty sure that the team is informed if a player in the program misses a test. Since he was already in stage 2 (or whatever). They may have appealed it and were waiting to find out if he would actually be suspended.

Good call Yolo. I figured the process started with the player and it was on them to inform the team but your outline makes more sense with everyone's "knowing the unknown".

Makes more sense now not seeing MD participate that much in TC. I know vets don't really do that much but I think he dressed twice for camp?

Edited by The Wiz

Why are people offended that the organization didn't release this information to the fans even if they did find out about the suspention/missed test?However and whenever the information is released doesn't matter.You guys act like the Bills are your girlfriend and your mad because she didn't tell you she was S'ing someone else's D.....

Good call Yolo. I figured the process started with the player and it was on them to inform the team but your outline makes more sense with everyone's "knowing the unknown".

Makes more sense now not seeing MD participate that much in TC. I know vets don't really do that much but I think he dressed twice for camp?

i actually think he tweaked his wrist or something in OTAs from what I recall. I know he missed the first couple weeks or so of camp with the injury and then came off the PUP list or whether he was on last week. He played more in the first preseason game than I thought he would. And looked really good. Oh well. Edited by YoloinOhio

i actually think he tweaked his wrist or something in OTAs from what I recall. I know he missed the first couple weeks or so of camp with the injury and then came off the PUP list or whether he was on last week. He played more in the first preseason game than I thought he would. And looked really good. Oh well.

Or did he?!?!?!

CqESx1HXEAAyShC.jpg

And yes, I have saved this picture for future use no matter who it is. It's just to great of a photo.

Edited by The Wiz

Marcel tells the media that everyone makes mistakes. Yes, we all know this, but smart people also learn from their mistakes. How many is this for MD now since becoming a Bill, three? Apparently he still doesn't get it. He's the perfect example of insanity.....doing the same things over and over and expecting different results. Although in his defense he is getting different results, as in longer suspensions.

Edited by Bubba Gump

Marcel tells the media that everyone makes mistakes. Yes, we all know this, but smart people also learn from their mistakes. How many is this for MD now since becoming a Bill, three? Apparently he still doesn't get it. He's the perfect example of insanity.....doing the same things over and over and expecting different results. Although in his defense he is getting different results, as in longer suspensions.

10 games is a large chunk of change. Let's hope he is smart enough not to throw away all of that cash.

What happens to the money from these fines? Does it go back to the team or somewhere else?

I think I read that it goes back to the team, but also comes off the salary cap. I could be wrong though. But I totally agree with what someone else suggested.....the money should be split up between the season ticket holders who pay all that money to watch these players preform on the field. I think the fans are the biggest losers in these situations.

What happens to the money from these fines? Does it go back to the team or somewhere else?

My understanding the lost pay checks stay with the owner except for fines up to $250K if 3 or more players suspended.

Salary cap given credit also.

Dareus has lost a fortune , hope this is his last mistake , and the FO learns not to give out massive guaranteed contracts. Taylor's was perfect

I think I read that it goes back to the team, but also comes off the salary cap. I could be wrong though. But I totally agree with what someone else suggested.....the money should be split up between the season ticket holders who pay all that money to watch these players preform on the field. I think the fans are the biggest losers in these situations.

My understanding the lost pay checks stay with the owner except for fines up to $250K if 3 or more players suspended.

Salary cap given credit also.

Dareus has lost a fortune , hope this is his last mistake , and the FO learns not to give out massive guaranteed contracts. Taylor's was perfect

Thanks.

Why are people offended that the organization didn't release this information to the fans even if they did find out about the suspention/missed test?However and whenever the information is released doesn't matter.You guys act like the Bills are your girlfriend and your mad because she didn't tell you she was S'ing someone else's D.....

I can't answer for anyone but myself, but, I am not in the least offended. Pointing out how the team is hiding behind words to make it seem that this was something new to them is disingenuous at best. I hate that I have to defend el douche (graham) but his words on this appear to be true.

A poster on the BB forum had a great idea.

Dareus can regain good will by restructuring his contract so Gilmore can be re-signed long term.

Buffalo Dunn

http://boards.buffalobills.com/showthread.php?530234-Dareus-suggestion

When daeruses fly.

Honestly, I'm MORE pissed off its resulting from him simply being too lazy to have gone and taken the drug test...seriously??

Getting a few hours more of sleep is worth losing $2-3 million dollars??

Unless he didn't take it because he knew it would come back positive and at least this way gave him a little wiggle room...