Pegula: We Aren't Talking About 16 Years; Talking Future

The Sabres will be good this year me thinks, but it only took them what? 5 years?

I imagine it will be the same with the Bills considering he made the same mistake with the Bills that he made with the Sabres. Keeping the trash around.

I think the Sabres will be better this year, but they are still a couple years from being good. It takes longer for kids to develop in hockey and the Sabres are still a young team.

But they are finally headed in the right direction in my opinion. The Bills, we'll see.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He wants to clock reset but keeps Brandon around, keeps Whaley around. Where is the reset, Marrone walked away, had to hire a new coach. Even the uniforms changed before he took over. He did the same thing for the Sabres before he cleaned house, now they are building through the draft, new leadership! As a fan I didn't see him reset this team, this still feels like a Wilson lead team except they are really quick to hand money out. Same kind of results, 7-9 to 9-7. I like the Pegula's they have helped Buffalo. I just don't see how he has reset this team!

This is just stupidity piled on more stupidity. Brandon doesn't play the games. He sells sponsorships. Whaley has built the most talented roster the Bills have had in decades. Rex is a question mark but it's not like the Bills were 0-16 last year.

Other than Brandon, Overdorf (who by the way is doing a masterful job with the cap) and PR guy Scott Berthold, the Bills front office is completely new. So blaming the playoff drought on having the same secretaries and janitors from when Ralph owned the team is lunacy.

I think the Sabres will be better this year, but they are still a couple years from being good. It takes longer for kids to develop in hockey and the Sabres are still a young team.

But they are finally headed in the right direction in my opinion. The Bills, we'll see.

Kyle Okposo was the top free agent available and they could still get Vesey though I'm not holding my breath. Evander Kane's future is a question mark, as is the goaltending. Really it's been 3 years of rebuilding, not 5.