Pegula: We Aren't Talking About 16 Years; Talking Future

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It sure as hell is.. Just because hes a new owner does not remove the 16 before him.. He bought the franchise warts and all.. he has to accept it

He has to accept the fan backlash over 16 years of losing, but there's absolutely nothing he can do about it. He can hear the anger, but he can't even take responsibility for it. All he can do is move forward and try to build a winner.

@WGR550

Pegula - after you lose one guy, to say the season is over is crazy #Bills

Pegula - in my mind, our team hasn't been to the playoffs in one year (my first year) #Bills

Pegula - We aren't talking about 16, we're talking about the future

Pegula - I think these guys have rallied together, they have to. They have a full season ahead of them #Bills

Pegula - Competition makes the team better #Bills

Pegula - anyone who watches the way I want the Bills to operate, it's all to get better. #Bills

#Bills owner Terry Pegula on the ultimatum given to Rex Ryan and Doug Whaley "I don't know where this stuff come from"

@MatthewFairburn

Terry Pegula says there are a lot of debates at One Bills Drive, but it's not to threaten anyone's job security. It's to get better.

8-10: TERRY PEGULA WITH JOHN MURPHY ON WGR (19:45)

Pegula summary - Tired of losing even if it's only been one year as an owner. Tired of Whaley's questionable decision making. Rex better pull this together or he and his fat :censored: brother are looking for a job. The guys on this team better step up or I'll cut all their :censored: . This season better not be like last year's.

Terry was always going to judge the performance of the team and front office only as of his tenure as owner.

It's just as he did with the Sabres.

So we roll into Year 2 with Rex and see where we go.

Edited by Fadingpain

Pegula summary - Tired of losing even if it's only been one year as an owner. Tired of Whaley's questionable decision making. Rex better pull this together or he and his fat :censored: brother are looking for a job. The guys on this team better step up or I'll cut all their :censored: . This season better not be like last year's.

Your interpretive and translation skills are excellent. :lol:

It sure as hell is.. Just because hes a new owner does not remove the 16 before him.. He bought the franchise warts and all.. he has to accept it

Right. So he accepts it. What does that mean? Fire everyone after each season in frustration? Unless he owns a time machine, nothing will undo the last 16 years. So instead he moves forward. Maybe others should accept that?

And lose the phuckin' train horn already. It's obnoxious.

GO BILLS!!!

Totally agree, I hate that thing. I would rather they go back to that video of the loud, stampeding herd of Buffalo. Edited by Bubba Gump

Pretty quiet on stadium plans

Other than saying The Ralph is a great place to watch a game suggests he is in no rush to do anything. If so, its a smart move - zero debt - and the fan base generally likes it there. The only pressure to change is coming from the NFL.

Pegula needs to have empathy for the fan. The 16 years is about them, not him. He even has players that have been around 7+ years. Does it mean their struggles mean nothing. As fans we just want a team to be proud of, work hard, have fun, stay out of trouble. Wins are extra. Wins come when the right players are in place, that is the job, get the right players. Been awhile since I looked at the team in a way that I said there is no way this team can lose. We are not there so keep trying!

He is right....it is year 1 of pegula era

I know people like to tie them all together....but it really is not

ABSO FREAKING LUTELY....god love Ralph for keeping the Bills here but he was a terrible owner. This is year 2 of Pegula's ownership that's the way I look at it as well. Guys on this team who were 5 or 6 year old kids 16 years ago - you would have to be a moron to blame them. They have NOTHING to do with it- this ain't Ralphs Bills.

Right. So he accepts it. What does that mean? Fire everyone after each season in frustration? Unless he owns a time machine, nothing will undo the last 16 years. So instead he moves forward. Maybe others should accept that?

Most Bills fans will accept it. For a lot of Bills fans it really doesn't matter if it's 1 year, 16 years, or 26 years, so long as they remain the Buffalo Bills.

Others will snicker about koolaid season being in full swing. That's what we do my robotic friend :)

ABSO FREAKING LUTELY....god love Ralph for keeping the Bills here but he was a terrible owner. This is year 2 of Pegula's ownership that's the way I look at it as well. Guys on this team who were 5 or 6 year old kids 16 years ago - you would have to be a moron to blame them. They have NOTHING to do with it- this ain't Ralphs Bills.

Ralph's trash is still running the front office though, and they have absolutely EVERYTHING to do with it.

Really? Did not get that at all.

I have been dealing with these 1 year resets for years. Mr continuity always finds a reason to reset the clock.

Its pegulas team... imo when he walked in, there was nothing redeeming and he blew an opportunity to change the course of the franchise. Instead, like the sabres, the decision to give the same failures more resources will only magnify the problems.

The worst thing that can happen is whoever loses the upcoming power and accountibility struggle netween the ryans and whaley is sent packing and the organizations' problems are again outsourced.

Just ride this out a few more years. Then maybe we get the full transition from the ralph era.

There's some middle ground

Just because he's new doesn't mean it's an all new franchise. There's continuity in players, staff, etc..., But it will take time for him to build it to his own image... Whatever that ends up.

Pegula needs to have empathy for the fan. The 16 years is about them, not him. He even has players that have been around 7+ years. Does it mean their struggles mean nothing. As fans we just want a team to be proud of, work hard, have fun, stay out of trouble. Wins are extra. Wins come when the right players are in place, that is the job, get the right players. Been awhile since I looked at the team in a way that I said there is no way this team can lose. We are not there so keep trying!

So what exactly is Pegula supposed to do about it? Seriously, what are you asking for? Terry & Kim are probably doing exactly what you want...making the team better. But I guess there needs to be some human sacrifice too if I read you correctly.