Anyone know which of the PreSeaaon Games is Kids Day?

The second one, against the Gints. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think it's always the final home preseason game.

I feel like the experience of the Kids Day game has deteriorated. I've brought my 6-year old for a number of years, and last year was pretty crappy. Bills fans there WITHOUT kids are usually pretty great, in my experience. The hardcore boozebags seem to tone it down a lot, and I think everyone understands it's a game for the kids, and behaves pretty well...

...except for the visiting fans. They don't know it's a kids game, and don't seem to care. Last year was against the Steelers, so a bunch of those dirtbags drove up from PA and were definitely NOT on their best behavior. I see the same unfolding this year with the game being against the Giants.

I don't shelter my kids and am fine with them seeing people being drunk or loud or stupid. I figure those are teachable moments. But being surrounded by hostile visiting fans and a group of young women who were, to put it diplomatically, very loudly aiming to get to know some Steelers players in a biblical way, that was just more crap than I was comfortable having my kid around.

I've thought about contacting my season ticket rep with my concerns, but I'd probably just be pissing in the ocean.

Edited by jimmy10

I'm thinking of surprising my kids with a trip up to the game from just outside of NYC, what's the tailgating scene like for preseason games? Was hoping to do a little BBQ, maybe some parking lot football with the kiddies....

I'm thinking of surprising my kids with a trip up to the game from just outside of NYC, what's the tailgating scene like for preseason games? Was hoping to do a little BBQ, maybe some parking lot football with the kiddies....

very tame compared to regular season.

stadium usually about half full and alot more families for that kids day giants game.

The second one, against the Gints. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think it's always the final home preseason game.

I feel like the experience of the Kids Day game has deteriorated. I've brought my 6-year old for a number of years, and last year was pretty crappy. Bills fans there WITHOUT kids are usually pretty great, in my experience. The hardcore boozebags seem to tone it down a lot, and I think everyone understands it's a game for the kids, and behaves pretty well...

...except for the visiting fans. They don't know it's a kids game, and don't seem to care. Last year was against the Steelers, so a bunch of those dirtbags drove up from PA and were definitely NOT on their best behavior. I see the same unfolding this year with the game being against the Giants.

I don't shelter my kids and am fine with them seeing people being drunk or loud or stupid. I figure those are teachable moments. But being surrounded by hostile visiting fans and a group of young women who were, to put it diplomatically, very loudly aiming to get to know some Steelers players in a biblical way, that was just more crap than I was comfortable having my kid around.

I've thought about contacting my season ticket rep with my concerns, but I'd probably just be pissing in the ocean.

Giants fans are classy compared to Steelers fans, though. Plus I doubt ANYONE wants to know ugly old Eli biblically.