Alex Rodriguez MLB Career is Done on Friday August 12th

My thoughts exactly. Did ARod !@#$ all your wives or something? Chill, dudes.

He ruined the record books forever. It means a lot to the history of the game. He is a horrible person both on and off the field. I can't wait for him to be gone for the game for good.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He ruined the record books forever. It means a lot to the history of the game. He is a horrible person both on and off the field. I can't wait for him to be gone for the game for good.

Weren't they previously ruined by all the cheaters that came before him?

Weren't they previously ruined by all the cheaters that came before him?

B-b-but it's different! ARod is a big meanie! And an egomaniac! He's not like the great Barry Bonds, whose teammates loved him and was never a jerk at all! Or the beloved Sammy Sosa, who was as genuine as could be! Or Jose Conseco, who wore a halo while on field!

B-b-but it's different! ARod is a big meanie! And an egomaniac! He's not like the great Barry Bonds, whose teammates loved him and was never a jerk at all! Or the beloved Sammy Sosa, who was as genuine as could be! Or Jose Conseco, who wore a halo while on field!

Let's not forget that white knight, Mark McGuire

You just named a whos who of hated baseball figures lol. Your argument doesn't work well when they are all reviled as much as A-Rod. You might as well have added Clemens to your list...

On a side note here is a discussion:

Would you do what A Rod did? Long and short of it is he traded being thought of as a great player for a ton of money and a reputation as a cheater. To me I wouldn't mind people dragging my name through the mud for a career earnings of 416 million dollars.

You just named a whos who of hated baseball figures lol. Your argument doesn't work well when they are all reviled as much as A-Rod. You might as well have added Clemens to your list...

Would you do what A Rod did? Long and short of it is he traded being thought of as a great player for a ton of money and a reputation as a cheater. To me I wouldn't mind people dragging my name through the mud for a career earnings of 416 million dollars.

My point is that baseball has been "ruined" for 25+ years. It's silly that baseball fans are holding onto the smoke that is its "history" at this point. ARod didn't ruin anything. He was fun to watch, which is what sports are supposed to be: fun.

Edited by LeviF91

Is that really the question though? Bonds and Arod were great players before they "bulked" up. Rumors are that Bonds didn't like being glossed over while other steroid guys surpassed him so he used. Wasn't being a great player enough? They would have made 100's of millions of dollars and been more apt to receive long term endorsement deals etc.

Why drag your name through the mud for a few extra homers and bragging rights? If you ask that question to yourself you may come up with a different answer.

Is that really the question though? Bonds and Arod were great players before they "bulked" up. Rumors are that Bonds didn't like being glossed over while other steroid guys surpassed him so he used. Wasn't being a great player enough? They would have made 100's of millions of dollars and been more apt to receive long term endorsement deals etc.

Why drag your name through the mud for a few extra homers and bragging rights? If you ask that question to yourself you may come up with a different answer.

That's why I said they traded their reputation for money. Their pride led them to try and get ahead. Do you think arod gets that huge contract from the Yankees if he doesn't have a shot at the HR record? He made a lot more money than he would have staying clean imo. Put it this way - it stings a lot less that people think you are a fraud when you have half a billion dollars.

That's why I said they traded their reputation for money. Their pride led them to try and get ahead. Do you think arod gets that huge contract from the Yankees if he doesn't have a shot at the HR record? He made a lot more money than he would have staying clean imo. Put it this way - it stings a lot less that people think you are a fraud when you have half a billion dollars.

Right, but he would still have been richer than rich, had good endorsement deals and been waiting to get into the HOF. Instead he was selfish and sullied his reputation for bigger stats, which did lead to a bigger payday.

Go ask Derrick Jeter if he wishes that he had used steroids to inflate his numbers. There is your answer.

My point is that baseball has been "ruined" for 25+ years. It's silly that baseball fans are holding onto the smoke that is its "history" at this point. ARod didn't ruin anything. He was fun to watch, which is what sports are supposed to be: fun.

Rodriguez has never been fun to watch. And yes - all of those other guys you mentioned all took part in ruining the game - and most of them were also ass holes off the field.

But Rodriguez ... he took it to another level.

I'm a Mets fan who grew up on the Yankees, too. It broke my heart when they signed him. Since that day, I have refused to watch, listen to or root for the Yankees and I also refused to go their stadium.

Do they care? Of course not. But it took something away from me. My boycott wasn't to try to hurt the Yankees or Rodriguez. It was because I just couldn't bring myself to root for - not just any team - but the most storied franchise in all of sports history - after stooping so low as to sign a scum bag like Rodriguez. And for what? Ticket/merch sales? One tainted World Series championship?

The records being broken are one thing (and a huge thing). But even records that weren't broken. Rodriguez will forever be listed above the likes of Willie Mays, Ken Griffey Jr., and Reggie Jackson on the All Time HR list.

Look at these records - many of which are "by an Hispanic Player" or "By a Shortstop" - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alex_Rodriguez#Records

He deserves none of that. And he's rubbed it into the face of those who played the game the right way, every time he's taken the field.

Pure scum.

Right, but he would still have been richer than rich, had good endorsement deals and been waiting to get into the HOF. Instead he was selfish and sullied his reputation for bigger stats, which did lead to a bigger payday.

Go ask Derrick Jeter if he wishes that he had used steroids to inflate his numbers. There is your answer.

That is your answer. Like I said I can see both sides of it. Jeter made 265 million in his playing career. 150 million dollars is a huge amount of money.

A Rod was never loved as a Yankee. He couldn't hold a candle to Jeter's popularity. Jeter actually had the charisma that A Rod pretended to.

That is your answer. Like I said I can see both sides of it. Jeter made 265 million in his playing career. 150 million dollars is a huge amount of money.

A Rod was never loved as a Yankee. He couldn't hold a candle to Jeter's popularity. Jeter actually had the charisma that A Rod pretended to.

Actually, Jeter was a quiet player. No public drama.

http://www.davemanuel.com/net-worth/alex-rodriguez/

Jeter made 9 million a year in endorsements and it bumped his career earnings to over 400 million according to multiple sites. The site I listed directed compared Arod's endorsement $ vs. Jeters.

9 million per vs. 500,000. If your a talented player do things the right way and reap the benefits. Arod's career earnings are estimated at 480 million by Forbes. Jeter's 400 or Arod's 480? I'm a sox fan I need a shower! Yuck.

Edited by Commonsense

http://www.davemanuel.com/net-worth/alex-rodriguez/

Jeter made 9 million a year in endorsements and it bumped his career earnings to over 400 million according to multiple sites. The site I listed directed compared Arod's endorsement $ vs. Jeters.

9 million per vs. 500,000. If your a talented player do things the right way and reap the benefits. Arod's career earnings are estimated at 480 million by Forbes. Jeter's 400 or Arod's 480? I'm a sox fan I need a shower! Yuck.

An extra 80 mil, but he'll never get into Cooperstown without a ticket.

Great presser, sure Arod fell victim to the cheers of the fans and indifference from the league. My Yankees went out and brought the best players in, in accordance with the rules, and dominated the AL East for several years. He's flawed like a lot of others in the game, but the Yankees are stepping up and letting him end his career in pinstripes! The Yankees have stocked up on young talent and are positioning themselves for #28 and beyond

Letting him retire? As if they had a choice? No team in the league would take on that horrible contract.

His press conference was as disingenuous as everything else he's ever done. So long, AFraud.

Yup. Yankee fans hate him because he's not Jeter, but he didn't do anything that Bonds, Clemens, Sosa, McGuire and the rest did.

I hate all of them too. He's a !@#$ing dick.