Brandon Spikes signs with Bills

Offenses can manipulate the defensive personal. Using play calling to dictate personnel and coverages then going no huddle and making you unable to substitute. See the New England Patriots for the past 15 years or so.

It's been said, but, I'll say it again, maybe a bit differently...Whether it's Ragland, Spikes, Ray Lewis or Dick Butkus how often have you or someone you know said "damn, I wish he could cover better."

If you're looking for coverage ability out of a MLB you're looking in the wrong place. Rail all you want against the FO, coaching staff and players, but, please at least make your arguments meaningful.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Duke Williams? What the heck? He probably won't make the team

Probably?

Then who is the favorite for the #4 safety spot?

So Meeks is the prohibitive favorite?

Duke was terrible on D last year but who else is there? Duke is very good on special teams....see the game at NYJ.......so I would think someone is going to have to clearly outplay him to get that last spot. The question then is does he know the D?

I have no idea but he is definitely my pet troll at this point.

Not true. Like most of what you post.

The real troll is the guy who makes stuff up about people and passes it off as fact -- even when links show otherwise. Or it's the guy who makes friendly bets and then runs away from them when they realize they are going to lose. The troll is the guy who sends unhinged PM after PM and refuses to even acknowledge when he's been shown to be wrong, instead deflecting to other points or changing the conversation completely because he knows he's got nothing.

But carry on. If you think I'm your pet troll then you've got bigger problems than thinking Duke Williams is the more physically talented player than Aaron Williams. There's nothing that shows this to be the case -- not a single piece of film or stat. But troll along. It's never stopped you before.

Duke is bigger, that's it. And that's not a meaningful metric because it doesn't show up at all on the field. Despite being slightly smaller, Aaron is faster, stronger, jumps higher, he's quicker in every way (explosion, start and stop, change of direction). Being 20 pounds heavier and an inch and change taller doesn't translate to the field in any meaningful way as we've seen.

Aaron Williams is much more physically talented and gifted than Duke. And that's not even factoring in their instincts on the field which Aaron has and Duke lacks.

Combine scores show Duke with a better 40 and shuttle time. Not sure where you're getting the faster from. Edited by FireChan

It's been said, but, I'll say it again, maybe a bit differently...Whether it's Ragland, Spikes, Ray Lewis or Dick Butkus how often have you or someone you know said "damn, I wish he could cover better."

If you're looking for coverage ability out of a MLB you're looking in the wrong place. Rail all you want against the FO, coaching staff and players, but, please at least make your arguments meaningful.

Railing against the front office because I said the hard part with mix matching LB's that excel at one thing and struggle with another is they are easily manipulated? Look at Carolina's defense last year and then Denvers. Both teams have/had linebackers that were excellent in coverage and its no surprise their defenses were playing for the championship.

Our corners are in the better half of the league where we lack is in the middle of the field. LB's and safeties.

Edited by Commonsense

Railing against the front office because I said the hard part with mix matching LB's that excel at one thing and struggle with another are easily manipulated? Look at Carolina's defense last year and then Denvers. Both teams have/had linebackers that were excellent in coverage and its no surprise their defenses were playing for the championship.

Our corners are in the better half of the league where we lack is in the middle of the field. LB's and safeties.

Their MLBs weren't...

Railing against the front office because I said the hard part with mix matching LB's that excel at one thing and struggle with another is they are easily manipulated? Look at Carolina's defense last year and then Denvers. Both teams have/had linebackers that were excellent in coverage and its no surprise their defenses were playing for the championship.

Typically, perhaps intentionally, you fail to address the point I was making.

But, I'll answer yours...please, oh please, tell me where in the off season the Bills were going to get these blanket covering MLBs?

What is your solution using the past entire off season and all available players?

Not true. Like most of what you post.

The real troll is the guy who makes stuff up about people and passes it off as fact -- even when links show otherwise. Or it's the guy who makes friendly bets and then runs away from them when they realize they are going to lose. The troll is the guy who sends unhinged PM after PM and refuses to even acknowledge when he's been shown to be wrong, instead deflecting to other points or changing the conversation completely because he knows he's got nothing.

But carry on. If you think I'm your pet troll then you've got bigger problems than thinking Duke Williams is the more physically talented player than Aaron Williams. There's nothing that shows this to be the case -- not a single piece of film or stat. But troll along. It's never stopped you before.

:doh:

Interesting. NFL.com has different results.

Yes, and I'm just seeing that. So... those numbers could be wrong.

If they are, what my eyes tell me from watching games is AWill plays much faster. Not as scientific but it seems pretty evident to me when I'm watching tape.

His link is the wrong Duke Williams, as #BadGuy pointed out above.

:bag::oops:

Yes, and I'm just seeing that. So... those numbers could be wrong.

If they are, what my eyes tell me from watching games is AWill plays much faster. Not as scientific but it seems pretty evident to me when I'm watching tape.

:bag::oops:

You need to chill, dude.

Protesting far too much over little things.

Maybe Kelly being back will help cool your jets some.

Totally out of control with the trolling.

Zach Brown?