Greg Little and the WR Battle

Ryan has said most recently that none of the receivers beyond Woods has stepped up. But he also has said good things about Lewis Salas and Little.

I think that is the competition.

Let us hope that Greg Little keeps catching as well as he has lately.

Really his only knock against him ?

Ryan has said most recently that none of the receivers beyond Woods has stepped up. But he also has said good things about Lewis Salas and Little.

I think that is the competition.

Let us hope that Greg Little keeps catching as well as he has lately.

Really his only knock against him ?

Didn't he say that they hadn't separated themselves from the others rather than "none of the receivers beyond Woods has stepped up"?

That wouldn't have been surprising since they didn't really address that position by adding productive players int he offseason but it seems the WR competition/performance has been pretty good in camp.

Didn't he say that they hadn't separated themselves from the others rather than "none of the receivers beyond Woods has stepped up"?

That wouldn't have been surprising since they didn't really address that position by adding productive players int he offseason but it seems the WR competition/performance has been pretty good in camp.

Yes, thank you for the clarification ! I certainly phrased that poorly.

Thanks Badol

Watching him early in his career here in Cleveland, it seemed like he dropped 100% of the balls thrown his way. Maybe fighting for his NFL life will benefit him, but I have seen nothing to say that I'd rather have him over virtually anyone else.

He had a lousy 2013... Caught just over 41% of passes he was targeted on.... Still, for a guy who spent years as a Cleveland Brown, (sucky, non-quarterback-having-team) his catch to target percentage is still 49.8 percent.... To give some perspective, Josh Gordon's is 52.6 percent, and he's a STUD! Little had more than twice as many catches in 2013, than Goodwin had in his entire carreer!

-I also havent heard much from Little in the way of injuries.... He's had a healthy career as far as I know.... Sure, his drops as a rookie were atrocious... I think that was largely mental, (and perhaps even optical) So what?

Can the track-framed (5'9" 179lb) Goodwin help out in run-blocking? -He better not!

We'd fry the batteries on the golf cart constantly picking him up off the field... At 6'2 225lbs, Little was a excellent run-blocker at UNC (a bit heavier back then.) On a run-dependent team like ours, I would d think that would make him more useful....

I've got nothing against Marquise.... I wish him well.... Still, he hasn't served his purpose here at all.... Why not get him paid, and gone so he can win a spot with someone who can use his particular skill set? (whatever that may be.)

The dispute was that he'd be cut in favor of an ex-Jet player, not that he doesn't have the positive attributes you posted.

I'd opt to keep him AND Salas, personally.

Edited by #34fan

He had a lousy 2013... Caught just over 41% of passes he was targeted on.... Still, for a guy who spent years as a Cleveland Brown, (sucky, non-quarterback-having-team) his catch to target percentage is still 49.8 percent.... To give some perspective, Josh Gordon's is 52.6 percent, and he's a STUD! Little had more than twice as many catches in 2013, than Goodwin had in his entire carreer!

-I also havent heard much from Little in the way of injuries.... He's had a healthy career as far as I know.... Sure, his drops as a rookie were atrocious... I think that was largely mental, (and perhaps even optical) So what?

Can the track-framed (5'9" 179lb) Goodwin help out in run-blocking? -He better not!

We'd fry the batteries on the golf cart constantly picking him up off the field... At 6'2 225lbs, Little was a excellent run-blocker at NC state (a bit heavier back then.) On a run-dependent team like ours, I would d think that would make him more useful....

I've got nothing against Marquise.... I wish him well.... Still, he hasn't served his purpose here at all.... Why not get him paid, and gone so he can win a spot with someone who can use his particular skill set? (whatever that may be.)

I'd opt to keep him AND Salas, personally.

Greg Little wore the powder blue at UNC.