Buftex

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, the Colts thought so highly of him they cut him and kept Dallas Clark  :P

248499[/snapback]

Well, Dallas Clark is a lot younger, was a high draft pick for them, and was catching more balls for them than Pollard. Are you implying that Clark is not good? This was a salary cap move. The Colts are having their cap woes!

Well, Dallas Clark is a lot younger, was a high draft pick for them, and was catching more balls for them than Pollard.  Are you implying that Clark is not good?  This was a salary cap move.  The Colts are having their cap woes!

248508[/snapback]

Yes, well, you don't release someone who's the "next coming of Keith McKellar" for a guy who's had one good season.

:P

Yes, the Colts thought so highly of him they cut him and kept Dallas Clark  :P

248499[/snapback]

dallas clark was a 1st round pick who has been groomed to eventually take over for pollard.......nothing wrong with that reasoning........

would you have kept pollard at his 5M cap charge? are you suggesting they should have cut clark?

dallas clark was a 1st round pick who has been groomed to eventually take over for pollard.......nothing wrong with that reasoning........

would you have kept pollard at his 5M cap charge? are you suggesting they should have cut clark?

248519[/snapback]

If he's the "second coming of Keith McKellar" then yes.

</facetious responses>

Yes, well, you don't release someone who's the "next coming of Keith McKellar" for a guy who's had one good season.

248511[/snapback]

Well, if you think the guy who had "one good season" has a bright future (and if you saw the Colts play, you would likely think that) and you have 4 top tier recievers, and one of the best QB's in the leauge, all of the sudden having a 3 million dollar a year back-up TE doesn't make a lot of sense does it, tough guy? Add to that that your team is something like 12 million dollars over the cap, it is likely that you will have to cut some quality players to get under the cap!

Well, if you think the guy who had "one good season" has a bright future (and if you saw the Colts play, you would likely think that) and you have 4 top tier recievers, and one of the best QB's in the leauge, all of the sudden having a 3 million dollar a year back-up TE doesn't make a lot of sense does it, tough guy?  Add to that that your team is something like 12 million dollars over the cap, it is likely that you will have to cut some quality players to get under the cap!

248532[/snapback]

Oh no, you called me a tough guy.

Look, genius, I'm merely attempting to REFUTE your fact that Pollard is "the next coming of Keith McKellar".

If he was THAT good (McKellar was AWESOME when healthy) he wouldn't be getting cut, and he wouldn't have been the second stringer. Capisce?

If he's the "second coming of Keith McKellar" then yes.

</facetious responses>

248522[/snapback]

Actually, production wise, Marcus Pollard has had a much better career than McKelllar. I made the McKellar referance, because Pollian obtained him for the Colts, to play the role that McKellar played for the Bills, while he was here. If you think Pollard is not worth pursuing, you should probably watch al little more football! Or, if you don't know what your talking about, you have the option of not responding to a post. Just a thought! :P

Actually, production wise, Marcus Pollard has had a much better career than McKelllar.  I made the McKellar referance, because Pollian obtained him for the Colts, to play the role that McKellar played for the Bills, while he was here.  If you think Pollard is not worth pursuing, you should probably watch al little more football!  Or, if you don't know what your talking about, you have the option of not responding to a post.  Just a thought! :P

248543[/snapback]

Please.

I drafted Pollard for YEARS for my fantasy squads prior to the arrival of Clark.

The guy never produced like he was expected to, which is the whole reason they acquired Clark.

Please.

I drafted Pollard for YEARS for my fantasy squads prior to the arrival of Clark.

The guy never produced like he was expected to, which is the whole reason they acquired Clark.

248546[/snapback]

Yeah, I had the same experience. Part of the problem for Pollard was, though, that as all of those receivers started to emerge, his role in the offense started to diminish...when Peyton was making his way in the leauge, Pollard was a very valuable weapon for him...a pass catching tight end, with great speed, might be a big plus for Losman! I am not putting him in the Tony Gonzales category, but I think he is the best pass catching tight end that is available right now. I know people are jazzed up for Bubba Franks, but frankly, I don't see it!

Sorry for calling you "tough guy"! :w00t: I guess your crazy avatar got me riled up!

248546[/snapback]

Did you see Clark's performances in critical games, like the playoffs vs New England this year.

Reminded me of Spinks "walking" up to Tyson in '88.

248519[/snapback]

d_wag, is that Michael Knight, Knight Rider, and Webster in your AV? If so, BRILLIANT. As far as Pollard is concerned, I think he is overrated.

Please.

248546[/snapback]

Pollard produced. Ask Edgerin James. It's not just catches...

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/1335

You really need to become an Arena Football fan...it's a better fit.