Reggie Ragland to have knee surgery; out for season

• Replies 886
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@iceyvick

On Ragland: it was "Non contact" but it happened as he let up on a would be tfl. He put on the breaks and came up limping.

#BillsCamp

proving that they should be tackling in camp. these guys used to practice twice a day every day and things like this almost never happened.

:thumbsup:

maybe football should go fake like wrestling did B-)

The game has to adapt if they're trying to make the game safer. Cannot stress enough that every team should follow the Seahawks and adopt the rugby tackle technique. Take the helmets off for a practice, do that wrong, have some heavy dude fall on your head. You'll never get it wrong again. :lol:

Can't go soft with practices and then expect them to beat the holy **** out of each other for 60 minutes up to 23 times a year.

The game has to adapt if they're trying to make the game safer. Cannot stress enough that every team should follow the Seahawks and adopt the rugby tackle technique. Take the helmets off for a practice, do that wrong, have some heavy dude fall on your head. You'll never get it wrong again. :lol:

Can't go soft with practices and then expect them to beat the holy **** out of each other for 60 minutes up to 23 times a year.

preach.

I believe this why they are getting injured more often because they just aren't physically prepared to play at high intensity levels

I'll float this... when they had to stay in school for 4 years maybe all these injuries got weeded out before they went pro?

yup. Because guys like Shaq what had injuries in college but refused to get them addressed at the risk of losing out on money because they were drafted later or not drafted at all.

At the very least, a rookie signing bonus for a 1-3 round draft pick could set someone up going forward even if they could never play a down in the NFL.

preach.

I believe this why they are getting injured more often because they just aren't physically prepared to play at high intensity levels

so what about players that get hurt late in the season? They been pounding on each other for 14 weeks and then get hurt. Like Whaley said and got crap for it, our bodies are not meant to play football. To not expect all sorts of injury is just ridiculous.

preach.

I get it from the NFL's standpoint though. The league had a PR disaster on its hands over concussions. It's fear, even if it's just fear of getting sued again.

They have to be seen as addressing the issue, even if their solution might make things worse.

This is a team that could not afford to go into the season without its first two draft picks - depth is already an issue, especially at those positions. Really hoping this is not significant.

People act like they are a 3-13 rebuilding. The Bills are a very talented team. Yes it hurts our depth, but they are still talented. Edited by TheTruthHurts

So when Ohio State faces Middle Nebraska Tech in their first game, that's not effectively a preseason game?

Some good games week 1 this year though

LSU vs Wisconsin

USC vs Bama

Clemson vs Auburn

They may have tune ups before hand no idea, just jumping in because I was impressed with those coaching scheduling good out of conference games the first week.

Im stealing this

you're welcome.

so what about players that get hurt late in the season? They been pounding on each other for 14 weeks and then get hurt. Like Whaley said and got crap for it, our bodies are not meant to play football. To not expect all sorts of injury is just ridiculous.

not really, they only hit during the games and shows that they need more contact during the week, like you know the old days when this didn't happen so much.

I get it from the NFL's standpoint though. The league had a PR disaster on its hands over concussions. It's fear, even if it's just fear of getting sued again.

They have to be seen as addressing the issue, even if their solution might make things worse.

better find a new solution, maybe giants sized bubble helmets.