Reggie Ragland to have knee surgery; out for season

• Replies 886
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I personally watched Ragland walk WITHOUT help, WITHOUT a limp from the grass field 150 yards to the building the training room is in.

This ain't no big deal.

Chicken Little is on TwoBillsDrive.

I'm taking this as the gospel

I personally watched Ragland walk WITHOUT help, WITHOUT a limp from the grass field 150 yards to the building the training room is in.

This ain't no big deal.

Chicken Little is on TwoBillsDrive.

Stop bringing your logic and facts into this.

For whatever it's worth, Jordy Nelson walked right off the field without a limp after tearing his ACL last year. Not saying it is serious but I'm still a little worried until I hear otherwise.

ACL tears are usually like that. You usually can walk on them for a bit until they get worse.

Rex said that Ragland is ok and hasn't torn a ligament, so he should be fine. Probably at worst banged it up a bit.

For whatever it's worth, Jordy Nelson walked right off the field without a limp after tearing his ACL last year. Not saying it is serious but I'm still a little worried until I hear otherwise.

He ran and had a big limp. Brady walked off without much of a limp I believe.

ACL tears are usually like that. You usually can walk on them for a bit until they get worse.

Rex said that Ragland is ok and hasn't torn a ligament, so he should be fine. Probably at worst banged it up a bit.

ACL's stabilize. going straight would hurt, but easily done if the rest of the knee is stable. As soon as you move laterally you go down.

Yep, I remember several instances where a player has torn their ACL but walked off on their own. Hoyer comes to mind from that time Kiko landed on him.

A 3-to-4 week injury would not be the end of the world...that's what a minor meniscus tear would involve. It's interesting that Rex specifically mentioned they don't believe it is ligament damage, and as it was non-contact we can assume (I think) there was no fracture. That leaves the meniscus and tendons (and of course the spleen).

37 days until the opener...5 weeks. He would need to be practicing for at least a week before the game to play, I'd imagine.

Jumping to lots of conclusions here, but trying to remain optimistic.

Edited by eball

A 3-to-4 week injury would not be the end of the world...that's what a minor meniscus tear would involve. It's interesting that Rex specifically mentioned they don't believe it is ligament damage, and as it was non-contact we can assume (I think) there was no fracture. That leaves the meniscus and tendons (and of course the spleen).

37 days until the opener...5 weeks. He would need to be practicing for at least a week before the game to play, I'd imagine.

Jumping to lots of conclusions here, but trying to remain optimistic.

I am bracing for the worst.....we did in fact bring in Zach Brown in the offseason

I am bracing for the worst.....we did in fact bring in Zach Brown in the offseason

I've got to believe there are certain signs of ligament damage they didn't see in the training room. I guess we'll find out soon enough.