Here's what happens if you don't floss your teeth

KD in CA

31 members have voted

1. 1. Do you floss?

• Daily
    • Occassionally
    • Never

On a related dental topic, anyone else use an electronic toothbrush? Years ago I had an issue with brushing too hard/bleeding gums. A hygienist recommended using an electronic toothbrush which stopped that problem immediately and since then my checkups have all been perfect.

I had the same issue - brushing too hard. Gums were bleeding and pulling back from my teeth. Switched over to electric and have nice gums now. Quitting smoking helped too.

I had the same issue - brushing too hard. Gums were bleeding and pulling back from my teeth. Switched over to electric and have nice gums now. Quitting smoking helped too.

"You may find it more appealing to brush with an electric toothbrush which can be beneficial for gums as the rotating head massages gums and promotes blood flow to the tissues, which helps to fight off infection."

On a related dental topic, anyone else use an electronic toothbrush? Years ago I had an issue with brushing too hard/bleeding gums. A hygienist recommended using an electronic toothbrush which stopped that problem immediately and since then my checkups have all been perfect.

I just got one a few months ago. I absolutely love it

Listerine once a day, for many years. I never floss (unless something is stuck in between my teeth). Never have a cavity or any gum problems, minimal plaque buildup. Every 6 month cleanings involve little scraping...so for me flossing doesn't matter at all. I'm convinced that Listerine does indeed help....and before some smart ass says it, I don't drink the Listerine.

Wait until they say having a doc stick a finger up your ass is useless ... See what you say then... :lol:

That day can't come soon enough...but then, Chef Jim will just tell us that a finger up the ass once a year keeps him regular and has kept him from needing a colonoscopy, so he'll just continue with it. :flirt:

That day can't come soon enough...but then, Chef Jim will just tell us that a finger up the ass once a year keeps him regular and has kept him from needing a colonoscopy, so he'll just continue with it. :flirt:

Only once a year??? Those bastards!!!!

i NEVER floss, and my dentist is always happy with my teeth...the idea of flossing completely skeeves me out, as do most things teeth related...to me it seems as if i would be taking a hacksaw to my gums and i can't get over that irrational fear.

I don't share your irrational fear, but I also don't floss and my teeth/gums are in great shape. My teeth are flossed twice a year -- my two visits to the dentist for a cleaning.