WAIT TO DEAL HENRY!!!!!!!!!!&#

Shelton has been average since drafted. He was GREAT at Texas were he and Mike Willaims dominated the right side of the field. HOwever, he has been injured far to much and shown to have been a guard ONLY - not a tackle. Arizona has not problem dealing him.

Henry's value is at an all time high. Edge James will be 'tagged' in Indy. Alexander will be in Seattle. Cincy has signed Rudy. Henry in two or three months will be wroth a FIRST rounder if TD waits this out.

Shelton is a quick fix and Denny Grenn and Savage know that they can get rid of an average lineman for a staring tailback - before the value goes up.

BE patient. Teams like Oakland, Miami, Tampa and the Giants will all be willing to raise the bar later this offseason as the draft is thin at RB and they need to win games.

Shelton has been average since drafted.  He was GREAT at Texas were he and Mike Willaims dominated the right side of the field.  HOwever, he has been injured far to much and shown to have been a guard ONLY - not a tackle.  Arizona has not problem dealing him. 

Henry's value is at an all time high.  Edge James will be 'tagged' in Indy.  Alexander will be in Seattle.  Cincy has signed Rudy.  Henry in two or three months will be wroth a FIRST rounder if TD waits this out.

Shelton is a quick fix and Denny Grenn and Savage know that they can get rid of an average lineman for a staring tailback - before the value goes up. 

BE patient.   Teams like Oakland, Miami, Tampa and the Giants will all be willing to raise the bar later this offseason as the draft is thin at RB and they need to win games.

248287[/snapback]

LJ Shelton didn't go to school at Texas...he went to Eastern Michigan! :P

You must be thinking of Leonard Davis.

Shelton went to Eastern Michigan.

You are thinking of Davis, who did very well at LT this year for Arizona. Shelton was always better then even Davis and part of the reason for Sheltons demise was the need for Green to put Davis in at LT since that was what he was drafted for.

Again I know facts suck.

It is Shelton who we are thinking of dealing for! You HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME! He is worse than Davis! I thouhgt it was Davis - but Shelton is more injury prone and less of a player. They are dying to ship him out. Everyone one in Arizona knows this.

Keep Henry - this value sucks. I would rather apy JEnnings the moeny to stay on the left side.

It is Shelton who we are thinking of dealing for!  You HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!  He is worse than Davis!  I thouhgt it was Davis - but Shelton is more injury prone and less of a player.  They are dying to ship him out.  Everyone one in Arizona knows this.

Keep Henry - this value sucks.  I would rather apy JEnnings the moeny to stay on the left side.

248302[/snapback]

:P

I love this place! :P

It is Shelton who we are thinking of dealing for!  You HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!  He is worse than Davis!  I thouhgt it was Davis - but Shelton is more injury prone and less of a player.  They are dying to ship him out.  Everyone one in Arizona knows this.

Keep Henry - this value sucks.  I would rather apy JEnnings the moeny to stay on the left side.

248302[/snapback]

LOL, you really know your football and have been paying attention to detail. :P

248302[/snapback]

Dude - get yourself together. Take a breath, relax, go for a walk, collect your thoughts. You are what we call an "out of control poster." You're unhinged. Try again when you've calmed down a bit.

Shelton is a quick fix and Denny Grenn and Savage know that they can get rid of an average lineman for a
staring tailback
- before the value goes up.

248287[/snapback]

Is this the same staring tailback, who was benched and sat on his ass the last half of the season? The same one that was reported to have been a locker room cancer? The same one who can't block, read a blitz, run the right play, trips over line marker chalk?

Just checking. Who knows maybe TD is pulling one over on Arizona.

248302[/snapback]

Shelton is not injury prone. In 2002 he was 1 of 2 players who took every offensive snap. In 2003 he started every game and took over 96% of the snaps. His teammates started calling him "The Last Man Standing." Going into the 2004 season he had some sort of surgury and when he came into camp he was overweight and not in game shape. Green benched him for motivational purposes, much like Big Mike went through this year.

I would welcome Shelton here, especially if we lose JJ. You will not get someone with his abilities and experience with a 2nd or 3rd round draft pick. A huge advantage of a trade like this is the lack of a big signing bonus we would be shelling out for a FA.

I agree with those writing that we should pull the trigger on this Henry for Shelton trade. And then try to keep JJ, move Shelton to left guard and have great depth at the tackle spot.

But, I also think re-signing Pat Williams is more important than keeping JJ around.

L.J. started 9 (NINE) games last season. THat is half the season. Arizona stinks. How could he not be starting 16t games with that pathetic line?

That is right, Green can't stand him because he nor Davis perform to their college potential. At the end of the 2004 season, Shelton was marked at Green as a weak link. I think he knicked up his knee to boot.

They want this trade more than we need it, that is all I am saying. We are going to get a 28-29 year old underacheving tackle, when we already have JJ who player with heart last year and handles many of the top AFC EAST pass rushers with ease. Learning to block pass rushing ends that you face 2 time a season takes a year and a half. JJ has that down. YOU are goign to mess with that now with a green rookie QB back there? YIKES!

This is deal to make a deal. We can get better value for Henry in a draft pick who can be at TE or WR or PK. THose are the positions we need a guy. Sign JJ and use the pick...

Shelton is not injury prone. In 2002 he was 1 of 2 players who took every offensive snap. In 2003 he started every game and took over 96% of the snaps. His teammates started calling him "The Last Man Standing." Going into the 2004 season he had some sort of surgury and when he came into camp he was overweight and not in game shape. Green benched him for motivational purposes, much like Big Mike went through this year.

I would welcome Shelton here, especially if we lose JJ. You will not get someone with his abilities and experience with a 2nd or 3rd round draft pick. A huge advantage of a trade like this is the lack of a big signing bonus we would be shelling out for a FA.

248331[/snapback]

I am no TH fan. However, teams that need backs will line up and bid for him as the time comes. Green and Savage are smart to jump the gun and low ball us with one of their underacheving overpaid former 1st round lineman.

In the LAST 24 hours ALexander has been shown to neat tagged in Seattle and Edge ditto in Indy. THe landscape has changed.

We have more value now. patienceeeeeeeeeeeeee

- before the value goes up.

248287[/snapback]

Is this the same staring tailback, who was benched and sat on his ass the last half of the season? The same one that was reported to have been a locker room cancer? The same one who can't block, read a blitz, run the right play, trips over line marker chalk?

Just checking. Who knows maybe TD is pulling one over on Arizona.

248328[/snapback]

Injury Prone!?

what about our guy!?

In my opinion these are two good players that are looking for a fresh start.

The only difference: T Hen is an undersized running back, just like preist Holmes, and just like Preist he is injured all the time.

Lets ask one question. Do you feel comfortable putting a second round draft choice or anyone else in FA (for a reasonable price) in a position that protects one of the most valuable assets on this team?

I believe Shelton will excell under McNally just as Mike Williams has.

Also on another note, Big Mike should take a pay cut. We drafted him as a future left tackle. Dont get me wrong RT is important but its not left tackle.

OUT

So who's to say that we don't pick up Shelton AND keep JJ? Just be patient. Donahoe knows that he is holding a good card with Henry. He won't let him go for nothing. And I'd much rather have a veteran that has "under-achieved" than a 3rd or 4th round draft pick. The draft is too much of a crap shoot. Shelton for all his flaws, real and imagined, is a known quantity.

Injury Prone!?

Guy started 9 games last season. Green lifted him for a few - as he was mouthing off.

what about our guy!?

Henry BROKE his leg. I mean, that was severe.

In my opinion these are two good players that are looking for a fresh start.

I see what you mean, a fresh start. BUt we have JJ who is excellent versus AFC edge rushers he knows. We got a rookie QB. WE can get better value for TH later if patient. THis is a great deal for Green who gets a starting tail back.

The only difference: T Hen is an undersized running back, just like preist Holmes, and just like Preist he is injured all the time.

TH couldn't carry Holmes jock strap. He is small - but come on...

Lets ask one question. Do you feel comfortable putting a second round draft choice or anyone else in FA (for a reasonable price) in a position that protects one of the most valuable assets on this team?

No, that is why we keep JJ. Or we move MW to left tackle and leave a suspect RT on JP's non-blind side.

I believe Shelton will excell under McNally just as Mike Williams has.

LS is an upgrade at some of the tackles we have - but JJ is better for the AFC east . We should keep him and use TH for a draft pick to grab a TE, PK or a 3rd WR.

Also on another note, Big Mike should take a pay cut. We drafted him as a future left tackle. Dont get me wrong RT is important but its not left tackle.

NO doubt, MW is making LT money for playing the weaker RT. JJ matched up against the best edge rushers in the game. MW can hide on the right side and power drive guys off the ball as he rests on passing downs.