Welcome to the start of the season...

eball

:lol: on the contrary, my friend, there is nowhere to go but up.

You seem to have missed the Bills of the last few years: going sideways is always an option.

Everything sucks! Tyrod sucks! Rex sucks! Russ sucks! 16 years no playoffs! Pegulas need to sell the team to Trump! GAHHHH!

Real enough for you?

Finally, an honest report on the real state of the BIlls (NB: I bet some people take your post as factual).

Positives:

We have a young QB that is intriguing

Shady seems healthy, motivated, wants to be a leader and more comfortable being in Buffalo

Watching Adolphus and Ragland

Woods healthy

2nd year in Romans offense

Defensive players seem to be over losing Schwartz (to me it took a toll) and warming up to Rex personally and his defense

Vet WR's to choose from and Dez seems focused

Aaron Williams is back - I'll cringe on his first hit

Bummers:

Karlos

Watkins foot - hope it's ok

Shaq out indefinitely

Jon Williams DUI trouble - hope it doesn't effect his year

Right side of offensive line could be an issue

I'm so ready to watch this team. Unfortunately most of the nah sayers are our own fan base and I wish it was overall more optimistic.

Unfortunately most of the nah sayers are our own fan base and I wish it was overall more optimistic.

Say what? Who's taking us seriously this year at this point with Watkins now downgraded to hopefully ready for week 1 barring any setbacks? Of the handful of sites where there's someone optimistic about us, their analyses are all build around a sunshine, lollipops and rainbows.

Which analyst worth anything out there really thinks that this team's 28th ranked passing offense from last season appears to be headed for improvement? Or hell, even our running game?

Defensively we have just as much uncertainty on a unit who's big hurrah is now Ragland.

Seems to me that the rest of the league looks at us as we've looked at Jax, Cleveland, or the Raiders over the last six or seven years. I mean if you were say the Jets or Fins and you had to face us would you consider us as a team that's among the better ones on your schedule?

Almost all of our positives are tentatives.

- Taylor: Wait and see. Hopefully he improves and doesn't digress. If he does digress, then what, besides we're screwed? Good luck with the cast of WRs he has to throw to. At least he'll have supporters that can use that as an excuse when it comes time to pay him the big bucks.

- Roman's '80's and '90's era O: Let's see how the second year goes. Less talent in the passing game and Shady in worse shape than last year, I mean how can it not improve, what could possibly go wrong with defenses pressuring him with 7 and 8 man fronts daring him to force the big play with WRs that haven't totaled 1,000-yards among them in the NFL.

- Rob Ryan: I'm not even sure what to say here. OBD keeps preaching it though. Again, what could possibly go wrong.

- Shaq Lawson: Hopefully he'll be ready sometime in October when he'll be coming in fresh and w/o the benefit of camp or preseason and can hopefully make an impact, that is if as with Watkins all heals well and quickly. Chances of that going perfectly?

- Watkins: First it was "he'll be ready for camp," with anyone suggesting that it would likely be otherwise being painted as insane and pessimistic, now it's "hopefully he'll be ready for week 1" barring any setbacks. Any takers on "no setbacks."

- RG/RT are still a mystery and hopefully someone will step up a/o be healthy.

- Hopefully Shady's hammy won't hinder his play. If so, then what? Karlos who's a slob and nowhere near ready? Or our newest AA candidate who seems to be doing his best to work himself out of a roster spot on top of not having even played since 2014 and frankly wasn't a game-changer then?

Negatives:

- Watkins and his perpetual status of unreliable when it comes to injuries. And we didn't draft Treadwell why now? Oh yeah, Ryan's son told us that Shaq was a ringer and would be fine because Shaq told him so.

- Shady's "more significant than last year's" hammy injury.

- Our fantastic offseason conditioning program which has produced Karlos bucking for a Jenny Craig endorsement and Both Lawsons being hurt in non-contact environments.

- Not a proven starting WR on the team after Watkins, who may not be 100% all season. And what's with all the hope for Dezmin Lewis, a 7th rounder last year from a second-rate school. It makes far more sense to hope that Woods can post a 1,500 season. Woods' 2nd and 4th biggest games last year were with Manuel throwing, oddly enough.

- A banged up front-7 and contact hasn't even begun.

- An interior defense, meaning ILBs and Ss that can't play the pass effectively. Not as if this was known or anything as the roster was being assembled the draft being undertaken.

- Rex Ryan and his never-ending mouth.

- Rob Ryan his sidekick and insult to injury and kick-in-the-onions for us fans in Buffalo's jobs program hiring MO.

- Dareus and Henderson both with undisclosed medical issues.

Offensively this team is entirely reliant upon Taylor, Shady, and Watkins being healthy, and right now two of the three are not with no sign of when the latter two might be 100% if at all this season. Meanwhile, Taylor's tracking to take a pounding, hopefully he can avoid injury, which is not an odds-on wager given the circumstances. Even then, how will the right side of the line be.

Defensively starters are dropping like flies and the contact hasn't even begun. Shaq was our big hope and now Manny who was supposed to nail down that position while Shaq healed is hurt with no timetable to return. Can Kyle Williams stay healthy at 33 stay healthy? Who's going to provide the pass-coverage OTM both medium and deep? We don't have a single safety or ILB that excels in coverage, not one, not even for passing downs.

These are not good things and camp just started, they're not even in full contact yet.

If this were the Browns we would be making a grand mockery of it and not taking it seriously. I don't see a big difference.

If the season started today who would be in the starting lineup? What ...

Offense: QB: Taylor, RB: McCoy with a dicey hamstring; Glenn, Incognito, Wood, and who, Miller and Mills? TE: Clay, WRs: Woods & who, Hankerson? Listenbee? Salas? None of whom have done anything relevant in the NFL.

Defense: DE/OLBs: Hughes and who, Edwards? Enemkapli or whatever his name is? DT: What, Washington and Bryant? ILB: Brown and Ragland, neither of whom have great coverage skills. S: Williams and who, Graham? Williams? CB: Gilmore and Darby, the only position on the team besides LT/LG/C that we're completely solid at.

I don't see that lineup beating too many teams. I also don't see that lineup scaring anyone. Granted, we can expect at least some players to get healthy, but when contact starts we'll have more injuries too, likely adding not subtracting to what we now have, and there's no guarantee that it won't be those that are now already injured or unable to play. If Watkins doesn't make it back at 100% we'll be lucky to even have a 1,000-yard receiver or be ranked 28th again in passing, in fact we'll be lucky to be anything but 32nd in passing. Who's going to catch the passes if he's out?

This team didn't get better on paper with everyone healthy, now it's not even healthy.

Why are we here? Logic and reason would suggest crappy drafting and poor management of the roster. But Whaley's doing a fine job and it's all Rex's fault.

Whatever. They make it tremendously difficult to even care.

At what point as fans do we get competent management, competent coaching, and a roster modeled after our '90s era roster that's capable of beating any team in the league? HINT: It's not with Whaley or Ryan around.

Edited by TaskersGhost

Say what? Who's taking us seriously this year at this point with Watkins now downgraded to hopefully ready for week 1 barring any setbacks? Of the handful of sites where there's someone optimistic about us, their analyses are all build around a sunshine, lollipops and rainbows.

Which analyst worth anything out there really thinks that this team's 28th ranked passing offense from last season appears to be headed for improvement? Or hell, even our running game?

Defensively we have just as much uncertainty on a unit who's big hurrah is now Ragland.

Seems to me that the rest of the league looks at us as we've looked at Jax, Cleveland, or the Raiders over the last six or seven years. I mean if you were say the Jets or Fins and you had to face us would you consider us as a team that's among the better ones on your schedule?

Almost all of our positives are tentatives.

- Taylor: Wait and see. Hopefully he improves and doesn't digress. If he does digress, then what, besides we're screwed? Good luck with the cast of WRs he has to throw to. At least he'll have supporters that can use that as an excuse when it comes time to pay him the big bucks.

- Roman's '80's and '90's era O: Let's see how the second year goes. Less talent in the passing game and Shady in worse shape than last year, I mean how can it not improve, what could possibly go wrong with defenses pressuring him with 7 and 8 man fronts daring him to force the big play with WRs that haven't totaled 1,000-yards among them in the NFL.

- Rob Ryan: I'm not even sure what to say here. OBD keeps preaching it though. Again, what could possibly go wrong.

- Shaq Lawson: Hopefully he'll be ready sometime in October when he'll be coming in fresh and w/o the benefit of camp or preseason and can hopefully make an impact, that is if as with Watkins all heals well and quickly. Chances of that going perfectly?

- Watkins: First it was "he'll be ready for camp," with anyone suggesting that it would likely be otherwise being painted as insane and pessimistic, now it's "hopefully he'll be ready for week 1" barring any setbacks. Any takers on "no setbacks."

- RG/RT are still a mystery and hopefully someone will step up a/o be healthy.

- Hopefully Shady's hammy won't hinder his play. If so, then what? Karlos who's a slob and nowhere near ready? Or our newest AA candidate who seems to be doing his best to work himself out of a roster spot on top of not having even played since 2014 and frankly wasn't a game-changer then?

Negatives:

- Watkins and his perpetual status of unreliable when it comes to injuries. And we didn't draft Treadwell why now? Oh yeah, Ryan's son told us that Shaq was a ringer and would be fine because Shaq told him so.

- Shady's "more significant than last year's" hammy injury.

- Our fantastic offseason conditioning program which has produced Karlos bucking for a Jenny Craig endorsement and Both Lawsons being hurt in non-contact environments.

- Not a proven starting WR on the team after Watkins, who may not be 100% all season. And what's with all the hope for Dezmin Lewis, a 7th rounder last year from a second-rate school. It makes far more sense to hope that Woods can post a 1,500 season. Woods' 2nd and 4th biggest games last year were with Manuel throwing, oddly enough.

- A banged up front-7 and contact hasn't even begun.

- An interior defense, meaning ILBs and Ss that can't play the pass effectively. Not as if this was known or anything as the roster was being assembled the draft being undertaken.

- Rex Ryan and his never-ending mouth.

- Rob Ryan his sidekick and insult to injury and kick-in-the-onions for us fans in Buffalo's jobs program hiring MO.

- Dareus and Henderson both with undisclosed medical issues.

Offensively this team is entirely reliant upon Taylor, Shady, and Watkins being healthy, and right now two of the three are not with no sign of when the latter two might be 100% if at all this season. Meanwhile, Taylor's tracking to take a pounding, hopefully he can avoid injury, which is not an odds-on wager given the circumstances. Even then, how will the right side of the line be.

Defensively starters are dropping like flies and the contact hasn't even begun. Shaq was our big hope and now Manny who was supposed to nail down that position while Shaq healed is hurt with no timetable to return. Can Kyle Williams stay healthy at 33 stay healthy? Who's going to provide the pass-coverage OTM both medium and deep? We don't have a single safety or ILB that excels in coverage, not one, not even for passing downs.

These are not good things and camp just started, they're not even in full contact yet.

If this were the Browns we would be making a grand mockery of it and not taking it seriously. I don't see a big difference.

If the season started today who would be in the starting lineup? What ...

Offense: QB: Taylor, RB: McCoy with a dicey hamstring; Glenn, Incognito, Wood, and who, Miller and Mills? TE: Clay, WRs: Woods & who, Hankerson? Listenbee? Salas? None of whom have done anything relevant in the NFL.

Defense: DE/OLBs: Hughes and who, Edwards? Enemkapli or whatever his name is? DT: What, Washington and Bryant? ILB: Brown and Ragland, neither of whom have great coverage skills. S: Williams and who, Graham? Williams? CB: Gilmore and Darby, the only position on the team besides LT/LG/C that we're completely solid at.

I don't see that lineup beating too many teams. I also don't see that lineup scaring anyone. Granted, we can expect at least some players to get healthy, but when contact starts we'll have more injuries too, likely adding not subtracting to what we now have, and there's no guarantee that it won't be those that are now already injured or unable to play. If Watkins doesn't make it back at 100% we'll be lucky to even have a 1,000-yard receiver or be ranked 28th again in passing, in fact we'll be lucky to be anything but 32nd in passing. Who's going to catch the passes if he's out?

This team didn't get better on paper with everyone healthy, now it's not even healthy.

Why are we here? Logic and reason would suggest crappy drafting and poor management of the roster. But Whaley's doing a fine job and it's all Rex's fault.

Whatever. They make it tremendously difficult to even care.

At what point as fans do we get competent management, competent coaching, and a roster modeled after our '90s era roster that's capable of beating any team in the league? HINT: It's not with Whaley or Ryan around.

Isn't this tiring? I mean, I'm tired after just reading this, you've gotta be exhausted! It's gotta take a lot out of you to be so, sky is falling, all of the time.

...let me be the first to say, FINALLY. I look forward to robust discussion with all of you, and hopefully I won't annoy anyone too much with my blind homerism. ;)

Can't wait for the first Astro and Mike1852342112 camp reports!

Go Bills!

finally. plus we are pretty good this year. no "who's the QB" or "EJ sucks" discussions. pretty solid or better at every key position. everyone signed we needed to get signed (Glenn, Cogs, etc). everyone in camp, no holdouts, no drama, just football. they "get" the systems now after a year.

not sure I remember a year when all this fell into place when camp started.... no missing pieces

go bills. they should be good.

Edited by 8and8-->NoMore