Bills announce contract extension for Tyrod Taylor

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The contract is obviously a gamble but it's one that you almost kind of have to take. It's a QB driven league and if you think Tyrod is the guy then you have to take that chance. The deal is also fairly reasonable if the Bills have to swallow it similar to the Fitz deal. 15 million per year is fairly lower mid level for a starting QB and still allows the team to build the rest of the team fairly well around him (Most upper level starters make well over 20 million, that 5 plus million saved is a huge advantage).

Overall it's a deal that can backfire but if it does pay off it could be hitting a jackpot. Fortune favors the bold so I would rather make mistakes being aggressive with talent than being too cautious.

This is a stellar deal even if its just the base...at this average Taylor is the 17th highest paid QB in the league. Think about it this way from a cap perspective...we are basically getting Jerry Hughes and Tyrod Taylor for the same price that the top paying QB teams pay for their QB...

Jesus, we just signed a QB to a long term deal. Just enjoy that we don't have to worry about losing him to FA next year instead of digging in under the bridge.

I kinda just stood here and thought the same thing - I can't believe we just signed a QB long term. Wow.

If he can stay healthy, I really like Tyrod as the guy! He's seems to be improving as a leader and QB in just one off-season, I'm excited to see where he'll be in 3 or 4!

The contract is obviously a gamble but it's one that you almost kind of have to take. It's a QB driven league and if you think Tyrod is the guy then you have to take that chance. The deal is also fairly reasonable if the Bills have to swallow it similar to the Fitz deal. 15 million per year is fairly lower mid level for a starting QB and still allows the team to build the rest of the team fairly well around him (Most upper level starters make well over 20 million, that 5 plus million saved is a huge advantage).

Overall it's a deal that can backfire but if it does pay off it could be hitting a jackpot. Fortune favors the bold so I would rather make mistakes being aggressive with talent than being too cautious.

Most contracts are gambles....

I kinda just stood here and thought the same thing - I can't believe we just signed a QB long term. Wow.

If he can stay healthy, I really like Tyrod as the guy! He's seems to be improving as a leader and QB in just one off-season, I'm excited to see where he'll be in 3 or 4!

Hopefully a new 6th round pick will be dominating the AFCE.