TOD 7/27: Loss of starting QB - NFL team best able to handle

Nice topic!! I'm going to say Philly because I think that the guy starting may be their 3rd best QB. Denver too but it's because they have 2 guys that are equally awful. If you told me that I could pick one backup QB in football right now, I'd probably pick McCarron.

I would say 49ers because I liked what I saw out of Gabbert last year.

I think Gabbert is going to start.

Also not sure I agree Carolina are done without Cam. Whilst Cam is unique Derek Anderson is one of the best backups in the league and had a winning record I think when he filled in for a few games in 2014.

Edited by GunnerBill

I would go with Atlanta and Matt Schaub. He's the only guy that's consistently performed at a high level as a starter. There's other guys that have looked the part, but you would be hard pressed to find someone near his body of work. Maybe some would say he's too old, but that would be the only knock IMO.

I would go with Atlanta and Matt Schaub. He's the only guy that's consistently performed at a high level as a starter. There's other guys that have looked the part, but you would be hard pressed to find someone near his body of work. Maybe some would say he's too old, but that would be the only knock IMO.

schaub consistently performed at a high level as a starter? Did you sleep through his last year in Houston? Also his arm is shot. Complete noodle. Edited by YoloinOhio

As long as you don't mind him throwing a pick-6 per game, I guess Schaub is ok. :cry:

Miami. Not because Tanny sucks but because Matt Moore is the best backup QB in the league now.

I agree with this. I've wanted the Bills to get Moore for years.

That said, I think the Bills are in very decent shape with regard to their backup situation. And unlike the Dolphins, it will come in handy for the Bills.