What is the significance of today?

The Tomcat

Does something (Free Agency?) begin today?

4:00 today??? I don't know...

Help a poor man out.....

Found on Bills Daily....

Tuesday February 22, 2005

Tag Day: NFL teams have until 4pm today to slap franchise and transistion tags on their free agents. It would be a shock if the Bills decided to tag one of their two big name free agents. Tom Donahoe has said it is unlikely since a tag is not cap friendly. He rarely uses them, using it with the Bills only on Peerless Price for the purpose of trading him.

Edited by THE TOMCAT

Don't transition and franchise players have to be designated today?

248190[/snapback]

see edit.....

Why wouldn't we tag JJ and at least get a pick for him....someone would pay something then they renegociate the deal??

Am I missing something?

Does something (Free Agency?)  begin today?

4:00 today??? I don't know...

Help a poor man out.....

Found on Bills Daily....

Tuesday February 22, 2005

Tag Day: NFL teams have until 4pm today to slap franchise and transistion tags on their free agents. It would be a shock if the Bills decided to tag one of their two big name free agents. Tom Donahoe has said it is unlikely since a tag is not cap friendly. He rarely uses them, using it with the Bills only on Peerless Price for the purpose of trading him.

248178[/snapback]

NFL Calendar from an earlier posting....... http://www.nfl.com/news/story/6000900

see edit.....

Why wouldn't we tag JJ and at least get a pick for him....someone would pay something then they renegociate the deal??

Am I missing something?

248195[/snapback]

Franchise price will give JJ top-5 money. Nobody is taking him at that, and we'd be stuck with him at a ridiculous cost.