Just broke up with a money-grubbing whore (LAMP)

WotAGuy

Her name is Time Warner. After years of hearing you guys saying you cut the cord, I finally pulled the plug on the B word and am moving on with a new DTV antenna and $100 a month in my pocket.

Best part was I kept Internet, but saw a cheaper price on the TWC website and got that, saving $25 a month.

Feel like a new man!

Her name is Time Warner. After years of hearing you guys saying you cut the cord, I finally pulled the plug on the B word and am moving on with a new DTV antenna and $100 a month in my pocket.

Best part was I kept Internet, but saw a cheaper price on the TWC website and got that, saving $25 a month.

Feel like a new man!

R u in B'lo?

R u in B'lo?

Cuse.

Another thing was I tested my internet speed before I took the special offer at $25 less per month. It was 18MPS. After my modem rebooted, I was getting 50MPS. Maybe they hit the wrong switch, but for once their error works in my favor.

I went out and bought my own modem when they're lease rental went up to $10/month (RIDICULOUS). The modem I bought had all the similar specs as the one I currently had and ever since I dropped their modem I've been noticing a long more issues and needing a lot more resets. I almost think they're trying to sabotage my modem so that I go back to theirs (doubtful, but it is Time Warner we're talking about).

I went out and bought my own modem when they're lease rental went up to $10/month (RIDICULOUS). The modem I bought had all the similar specs as the one I currently had and ever since I dropped their modem I've been noticing a long more issues and needing a lot more resets. I almost think they're trying to sabotage my modem so that I go back to theirs (doubtful, but it is Time Warner we're talking about).

Thats interesting because I did the same thing and I pry have to reset at least once a week.

Feel like a new man!

Be honest. You switched because of the JBJ commercials, right?

Time Warner sucks almost as bad as Comcast. Crooks.

Ah, but TWC exists no more; the evil empire, however, will reemerge as Spectrum now that the sale is complete. "Spectrum" commercials promise new, and exciting, technology for their consumers.

On the other hand, isn't Spectrum really going to just consume us as did TWC?

Be honest. You switched because of the JBJ commercials, right?

Ha!

Actually, I did it for two reasons:

1) I haven't watched TV since the NHL and NBA playoffs ended.

2) I really only watch sports and couldn't justify paying $150/month for cable and internet. Now I'm just paying $50 for internet.

As for the modem rental, it's worth the $10/month to not have to deal with the aggravation of having my own modem and router. Earlier this year, they upgraded my area's internet service; they provided a new modem to accommodate it, so that was a savings over having to buy a new modem and router myself.

There is a new internet/phone/CATV option expanding through the Fingerlakes and Southern Tier called Empire. They are promising 100mbs down speeds. They are not in Horeseheads yet but all around here and have applied to the Town and Village of Horseheads. I will certainly look at them.

http://www.empireaccess.com/residential/high-speed-internet

Last month Time Warner bumped my bill up about $15 per month without warning. I was amazed how quickly I got the price back down with the old "I'm going to sign on with someone else" game. It took about 2 minutes at most. They quickly moved it back to about a dollar less than it was before. Someday I'll actually try to see how far they are willing to drop the price before actually agreeing.

Its' funny. I see these kind of posts all the time...I have subscribed to TW for close to 25 years now, and I have never really had a single issue with them...sure, I wish their prices were a little lower, and I wish they had the NHL Network, but I have always found them very easy to deal with, and very responsive to any service issues. I have never had DTV or any satellite services, but I know plenty of people who do. I hear them griping all the time about losing picture (a Minnesota Vikings fan-friend of mine swears that he lost reception in all but 2 games, at some point, a couple of seasons ago), inept technicians...my TW picture is pretty much always crystal clear, can count on one hand the times I lost service...my only real beef with them over the years was their aggressive billing "you pay before you actually receive the service" policy, which they amended years ago.

And this is how clickbait sites make their money.

Honestly, I shut my dish off two weeks ago. Forgot to pay the bill, and didn't even notice it was off because I watch it that infrequently. Leaving it off till hockey season, then gonna start back up with the bare minimum package to get Center Ice.

Its' funny. I see these kind of posts all the time...I have subscribed to TW for close to 25 years now, and I have never really had a single issue with them...sure, I wish their prices were a little lower, and I wish they had the NHL Network, but I have always found them very easy to deal with, and very responsive to any service issues. I have never had DTV or any satellite services, but I know plenty of people who do. I hear them griping all the time about losing picture (a Minnesota Vikings fan-friend of mine swears that he lost reception in all but 2 games, at some point, a couple of seasons ago), inept technicians...my TW picture is pretty much always crystal clear, can count on one hand the times I lost service...my only real beef with them over the years was their aggressive billing "you pay before you actually receive the service" policy, which they amended years ago.

Exactly... I am a Comcast customer... Never an issue.

Actually, I've never had much of a problem with TWC and they have had OK customer service for the most part. It's just that I seldom watch TV anymore and got tired of paying $100/month for a service I seldom used. But the escalating costs definitely played into it. Crazy to pay that much money to basically FF scan through commercials.