Bills Cap Situation,Tyrod & Gilmore Deals, Future Outlook

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@RapSheet

Negotiations between the #Bills & QB Tyrod Taylor are ongoing and there is plenty of optimism a deal gets done before the season begins.

@AroundTheNFL

Tyrod Taylor, Bills engaging in ongoing contract talks; will they strike deal soon? http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000678479/article/tyrod-taylor-bills-engaging-in-ongoing-contract-talks

CoxnxbjUkAABK0Y.jpg

@JaySkurski

BN Blitz: #Bills QB Tyrod Taylor blocks out all talk about his contract situation: https://t.co/qh8wrcpqA4

PITTSFORD – Tyrod Taylor deflected any and all questions about his contract Friday.

The Buffalo Bills' starting quarterback said he hasn't spoken with his agent since the team started training camp last week at St. John Fisher College.

"I can't let that affect my day-to-day preparation," Taylor said following practice. "I've said that since Day One. When training camp started, my focus is on football and doing what I have to do to get myself ready and get this team ready to win football games this year."

Stephon Gilmore: "I think I am the best out there" (15:18)
Bills CB Stephon Gilmore joined The John Murphy Show after practice to talk about his contract situation and playing with teammate Ronald Darby. Gilmore also looked forward to Saturday's scrimmage and reminisced with co-host Donald Jones about playing together.

Over the last few weeks I've been working on a few posts simultaneously. One was looking at where the Bills have allocated their salary cap (position-wise) and one was projecting deals for Tyrod Taylor and Stephon Gilmore that would be structured to fit under the 2016 salary cap. While working on them, ESPN published their "Future Power Rankings" in which the Bills ranked 28th. I decided to consolidate what I had already written and look at how the Buffalo Bills have set themselves up to work around the cap in future seasons.It's a bit of a long read, but even I found myself getting a bit surprised at some of what I read.

In-depth Look at Buffalo Bills Salary Cap Situation, Tyrod Taylor & Stephon Gilmore Contracts & Future Cap Flexibility

Quinn, I couldn't have stated it better myself!

Seriously, I just have no idea about some of that stuff.

:P

Excellent job, though, man. Excellent.

:worthy:

Over the last few weeks I've been working on a few posts simultaneously. One was looking at where the Bills have allocated their salary cap (position-wise) and one was projecting deals for Tyrod Taylor and Stephon Gilmore that would be structured to fit under the 2016 salary cap. While working on them, ESPN published their "Future Power Rankings" in which the Bills ranked 28th. I decided to consolidate what I had already written and look at how the Buffalo Bills have set themselves up to work around the cap in future seasons.It's a bit of a long read, but even I found myself getting a bit surprised at some of what I read.

In-depth Look at Buffalo Bills Salary Cap Situation, Tyrod Taylor & Stephon Gilmore Contracts & Future Cap Flexibility

Solid writing. Thanks man