Ron Darby Among AFC Players Primed to Soar in 2016

Making the Leap: AFC players primed to soar in 2016

Can Jadeveon Clowney become a Terrell Suggs-like force for the Texans? The Around the NFL crew looks at players in the AFC who are ready to take the next step in their development as pros.

Ronald Darby, CB, Buffalo Bills

The NFL is a sink-or-swim league.

Buffalo Bills corner Ronald Darby swam from Day 1 of his pro career last season, like a shark fully comfortable in the deep, dark NFL waters.

At a position notoriously rough on rookies, Darby displayed the tenacity and mental aptitude not only to play in a Rex Ryan defense that demands a lot from cornerbacks, but to become one of the NFL's upper-echelon defensive backs in short order.

Looks like BADOL was wrong about you, kid....

It is true that I questioned his readiness to start the season against Luck and Brady right at the outset.

And then he was awful in the preseason.......but he stepped up once the regular season started.

I also beat on Eric Wood pretty bad when he played like crap for most of 3 years and last year he had a bounce back season.

Players can improve.

I've even left the door open for Shady........I liked what he said in the offseason, basically echoing my criticism of his execution in Roman's offense.......admitting he has that problem was the first step.

Wood did the same......admitting that he had played badly in 2014 and that he understood that he could be in danger of being cut (then doing as I advised by going to Mexico for some offseason "conditioning" :devil: ).

But for Shady saying you gotta' do a lot better and actually doing it like Wood are two different things.

For Shady taking that early cutback into the middle of the field and getting vertical is a tough, physical choice that is a lot easier for big backs like Karlos/MG to make because they could never do what Shady could do 3-4 years ago.

But Shady can't do it anymore either.

As much because each season the LB's get smaller and quicker as because he's lost the obligatory step.

Objection! Witness wrangles off topic. (Sorry. I'm almost done reading the Night Stalker book. It's the trial section.)

lol'd

Great now expectations are unattainable from a Fan's perspective.

here comes the Shut down/ elite diatribes.

and the I told you soes regardless of how he plays.

I like the Kid.