Shelton at RT, Williams at LT

JP-era

it's not like shelton doesn't come with his own injury concerns.......

he missed more games then jennings did last year.......is this a new trend? could be........

248094[/snapback]

According to stories I heard, Shelton had some sort of injury in the offseason. Whether it was a carryover injury from the 2003 season or something that happened in the offseason, I don't know. Anyway Shelton said he wasn't able to work out in the off season. He came into camp overweight and out of shape and was in Dennis Green's doghous from the git go. Presomably he could have played in every game, but Green benched him in favor of Leonard Davis at left tackle. Eventually Shelton played himself back on the field at right tackle because the Cardinals had problems there too. Shelton has had some injury problems. I don't really know how they compare to Jennings'. He's regarded as somewhat of an underachiever since h was a first round draft choice coming out of college, but he does have some ability. He is considered coachable and willing to work, so maybe with good coaching under McNally he could be an upgrade over Jennings.