After some advice from those who know

hoddo22

Hi everyone. I was hoping for a bit of help. I wasn't sure where to post this so here seems as good as anywhere.

I'll be visiting Buffalo in November. All the way from Melbourne, Australia. I'm in town for the home game against the Jaguars.

Im after advice on tickets as single games went on sale today. Through Ticketmaster I can either go a lower bowl seat and get to go onto the field pre-game, or a club seat which will help keep me warm (we don't get weather like Buffalo does down in my part of the world!)

Thanks in advance guys.

Melbourne is a fairly warm city year round, isn't it? Also I don't know at what point you get cold. November in Buffalo can be anything from sunny 40's and 50's (Fahrenheit) to snow. It does tend to be windy. Since you're traveling you might not have the proper clothing to deal with being outside for hours if it is chilly. You might want to budget for a stop at a Wal-Mart for proper outdoor wear.

At least the club sections have the heat lamps above. They work almost too well. Last time I sat there it was 17F and snowing and I had to get down to my t-shirt it was so hot. The view is the best in the stadium and you have access to better concessions and bathrooms. I'm confused why you can't get on the field pre-game if you have club tickets? That shouldn't matter.

No matter what, park in Hammer's Lot on Abbott Rd. for the quintessential Bills tailgate experience. Hammer's is across the street and is the nearest private lot to the stadium.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

IMO November in Buffalo, on most days, is something you'll be able to handle just fine. My personal preference for the games is neither club seats nor the front rows of the lower bowl. I don't think way in the upper deck is the way to go either. I actually like back rows in the lower bowl. It gives you a good crowd experience and a very good view of the action. The closer to the 50, the better of course. I don't know if the on field passes you mentioned go hand in hand with the seats but if they are purchased separately you can go for that too if they are. If not, why not streak? Sure you'll get tackled and probably beat up back stage, but you'll be on in field during the game.

Anyway I think you're overestimating the temperature difference between Australia and Buffalo. I remember watching Franz Klammer rock the mountain when you guys had the Olympics and it look pretty darn cold to me.

Thanks for the input guys!

I've been to Buffalo before, back in 2005. It was cold and snowing the whole game. Made even worse by the 35-7 thumping from Tom Brady and company.

It is winter here right now and we're expecting a top of 62 Fahrenheit. Pretty mild. Does get colder though. I'll be better prepared for the weather this time.

Promo the Robot mentioned club seats also getting pre-game onfield passes as well. I think that is just for season ticket holders. And I'll definitely be there nice and early for the tailgating...

Get the lower bowl without question. You NEED to feel the experience. It's always an intense vibe. Some games more then others. New England and the Jets are very rowdy. This shouldn't be too crazy. Make sure you park in Hammers Lot (across the street from the stadium), do a bowling ball shot and give yourself time to go to the Bills store and to wander around the tailgates. Tell people your from Australia and this is your first game and people will treat you right.

Last year I was able to sit in the suites twice after going to games for over 35 years. There is NO comparison, its

a different feel. Very nice up there, but laid back.

If you are looking for the Bills Experience, and I think that you are, don't do it. High fives and hugging with strangers awaits!

If its cold and snowy even better, you want that as part of your story.

Ask questions here, we are very friendly people! Welcome!

...just saw you've been the before....I'd still do the lower bowl

Edited by The Tomcat

IMO November in Buffalo, on most days, is something you'll be able to handle just fine. My personal preference for the games is neither club seats nor the front rows of the lower bowl. I don't think way in the upper deck is the way to go either. I actually like back rows in the lower bowl. It gives you a good crowd experience and a very good view of the action. The closer to the 50, the better of course. I don't know if the on field passes you mentioned go hand in hand with the seats but if they are purchased separately you can go for that too if they are. If not, why not streak? Sure you'll get tackled and probably beat up back stage, but you'll be on in field during the game.

Anyway I think you're overestimating the temperature difference between Australia and Buffalo. I remember watching Franz Klammer rock the mountain when you guys had the Olympics and it look pretty darn cold to me.

I agree with this, the weather in Buffalo in November is usually just fine. Probably be in the high 40's, low 50's. It could get up into the 60's or drop down to the low 30's/high 20's but that is the exception. Sit in the lower bowl, get the full experience.

I always sit in the lower bowl when I go back. If I'm going to all the trouble to get there, I want the best possible experience. And I'm not coming from Australia!

Living in Atlanta, I've only been to one Falcons game and that happened to be sitting in the Presidents box. While VERY cool, it's just not the same - and it's certainly NOT a Bills game!

Looks as though I'll be in the lower bowl then. It was the high fives and hugging strangers that got me!

Most likely sections for me will be one of 131, 136 or 137. About halfway up. This leaves a few more dollars for drinks.

Next question in regards to tailgating. I won't be driving to the game. Can you still walk through the parking lot taking in the sights and sounds? I'll be bringing some drinks and snacks so I won't be a freeloader!

Looks as though I'll be in the lower bowl then. It was the high fives and hugging strangers that got me!

Most likely sections for me will be one of 131, 136 or 137. About halfway up. This leaves a few more dollars for drinks.

Next question in regards to tailgating. I won't be driving to the game. Can you still walk through the parking lot taking in the sights and sounds? I'll be bringing some drinks and snacks so I won't be a freeloader!

Being UP enough rows will give you a clear view and better vantage point anyway. Being too low can actually be inferior, which may seem counter-intuitive.

As for tailgating, I know what everyone is going to tell you, but I'll let them do it as it's my goal to get there for the first time this season.

Looks as though I'll be in the lower bowl then. It was the high fives and hugging strangers that got me!Most likely sections for me will be one of 131, 136 or 137. About halfway up. This leaves a few more dollars for drinks. Next question in regards to tailgating. I won't be driving to the game. Can you still walk through the parking lot taking in the sights and sounds? I'll be bringing some drinks and snacks so I won't be a freeloader!

That is the beauty of the Pinto Kenny tailgate at Hammer's lot. They share food, and drink if you are willing to drink from the thumb hole of a never-washed bowling ball. (A whole other story.) Be sure to stay at 11:30am for the ketchup ceremony.

You'll also find food vendors up and down Abbott Rd. Or you could stop at a local market like Wegman's. They have a prepared foods section where you can get anything you want to bring to a game. (Little known fact, the Bills still allow you to bring your own food into the stadium.)

Lastly, contact the Bills customer service about getting on the field pre-game. Be sure to tell them you are coming in from Australia. They can be very accommodating. It never hurts to ask.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Great topic. I'm considering Cleveland game as my son in law is from Ohio and we went to Bills game in Cleveland a few years ago. It has been almost 20 years (1999)since I've been to the stadium, so I'm sure a lot has changed. I haven't lived in Buffalo since 1983, but the last time I was in town my son and I had a great time in Allentown.

I'd appreciate tips on parking and enjoying the tailgate experience as I have followed this board for many years and would like to put a face to the names. If I bring Cleveland Browns fans will they be welcome? When I went to their tailgate, everyone was really nice because our teams have enjoyed misery these last several years.

Being UP enough rows will give you a clear view and better vantage point anyway. Being too low can actually be inferior, which may seem counter-intuitive.

As for tailgating, I know what everyone is going to tell you, but I'll let them do it as it's my goal to get there for the first time this season.

Agreed.

My friends and I saw a Bills/Bears preseason game at Soldier field and in the begining we snuck to row 3 in the lower level. We thought it would be awesome to be so close to field level.

We were wrong. I could not see much and even though it was cool to be so close to the players on the sidelines, I could barely see any of the game.

We actually ended up going back to our seats in the upper deck where we had a great view of the entire field

CBF

Hoddo - Listen to a veteran like PTR. He' giving you good advice with the Club seats and parking at Hammers Lot. Make sure you get there by 8:30 am, and place a TBD sign in your windshield so they know you're one of us.

They don't seek beer before 11 am so get your beverages the day before, and you'll have a blast. A few miles down the road after the game, there is an awesome pizzeria on Southwestern called Blasdell Pizza. It's a must bud.

One thing you'll love about Buffalo s the people. Some of the nicest folks as a general rule of thumb. Wear your Bills jersey, and get ready to lose your voice. You'll scream on every defensive play to make it hard on the opposing offense.

I grew up in Buffalo and live in Tampa. We fly up for a game every year, and my boys always say it is night and day watching a Bucs game, and going to a Bills game. Bills fans are crazy in a good way.

Have a great time pal. Maybe some day they'll have an NFL game in Australia. They plan in two years to go to China, so you never know.