Salary Cap Question for Bills

ALF

Do all player count against their team’s Salary Cap?

Yes, once the season has started, all players – whether on the 53-man roster, Injured Reserve (IR), Physically Unable to Perform (PUP) or the Practice Squad (PS) – count against the team’s Salary Cap. The only players that do not count against the Salary Cap are players who are on one of the NFL exempt lists.

the Rule of 51 – is in effect from the beginning of the league year in March until the first game of the regular season.

Bills Est cap space all -$8M wonder if carryover from last year calculated ,dead cap of $13.5 M

Top 51 $11.8M avail

Edited by ALF

I think he asked it - then answered himself.

Not to my satisfaction.

Salary cap is one of those things that seems quite confusing to me, and that I haven't made the intellectual commitment to try and completely figure out. Kind of like about 65% of the functions of my iPhone 6s, or my "cloud" (whatever the Hell that is).

C'mon, ALF, try a little harder. If you're going to educate all of us, do it right. We're all counting on you.

The question is the -$8M figure listed at spotrac for all contracts. Do the Bills have to cut that amount before the season begins ?

Sorry for being vague :oops: I was off the grid today

Edited by ALF