Lefty!

eball

Yup. Phil has played great -- second best round in the field today. But there's not much you can do when your opponent is flawless.

Exactly. I was rooting for the hilarity that comes with a Phil meltdown, but this was much better. A lot of respect for how he's played. This is a tough one to lose.

It is impressive what he's doing, and he is absolutely an all time great. You're probably right about him, I just can't shake the feeling that the "aww shucks" persona is bs.

I remember reading that players resented him for this. But, I haven't heard it in a while............And, I haven't really ever heard him coming across bad to a fan. Everybody I know who has been in his gallery, including me, have had good interactions..............I have a friend who somehow connected with him and every year, he would give his daughter a glove or something at the Labor Day tourney in Boston (where my friend would marshall)..........When, his daughter came down with terminal brain cancer, he went way beyond that.