Lefty!

eball

Wow, Phil just fired a major-championship-record-tying 63 in the first round at Royal Troon, and missed setting a new record on #18 by less than an inch.

Unbelievable golf under more favorable conditions than were expected, but the weather is supposed to turn nasty over the weekend.

I used to think Phil would never win a British Open, and it would be something else if he winds up with his 2nd in 4 years.

Not any good reason, just always got the feeling that he was fake.

I think he's actually a pretty good guy. Loves sports, gambling...never got the impression he's a jerk to fans. I've always rooted for him since I'm a lefty myself, and I love the creativity in his game. If not for Tiger he'd be talked about as the greatest golfer of the past 20 years. Challenging for a major in your mid-40s is no joke, either.

I think he's actually a pretty good guy. Loves sports, gambling...never got the impression he's a jerk to fans. I've always rooted for him since I'm a lefty myself, and I love the creativity in his game. If not for Tiger he'd be talked about as the greatest golfer of the past 20 years. Challenging for a major in your mid-40s is no joke, either.

It is impressive what he's doing, and he is absolutely an all time great. You're probably right about him, I just can't shake the feeling that the "aww shucks" persona is bs.

Loving this final day. These two are playing insane golf.

I've heard stories from people who have interacted with both Phil and Tiger. Phil hands everyone $100 bills. Tiger doesn't tip.

And how about Stricker? 49 years old and 4 birdies today.

Edited by LeviF91