Help from this draft-class is already fading (Williams DUI)

Ronin

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, the RBs sure seem to be trying hard to mess up their opportunities.

As someone else said, Jonathan Williams will likely earn a suspension for his DWI.

Karlos Williams will really struggle to even make the team if reports are correct that he was at least 20 pounds overweight just a month ago. In order to lose serious tonnage like that, he'll have to really reduce his caloric intake and that may leave him losing muscle mass and he sure hasn't shown that he has willpower to push himself away from the table.

Gillislie and Wilder will have a great opportunity to make the team as they will get a lot of reps in training camp and preseason games. I would expect that McCoy will be treated with kid gloves in camp and get very little work in the preseason.

It is the time of unicorns and rainbows. Silly Season has given way to Focused Exuberance as fans fall out of love with their beloved draft prospects that have gone on to live their lives elsewhere and learned to love those to whom they've been wed in an arranged fashion. Good qualities are brought to the forefront while unseemly flaws are overlooked for the moment. Perhaps we can wait until players put on NFL pads before making judgements of their ability or reading too much into what coaches are saying?

I'm just passing along what I had heard from people I know over there. This wasn't public stuff.

I'm just passing along what I had heard from people I know over there. This wasn't public stuff.

Which is good news, you know, mixed with the crappy news. Looks like he can get most of Shady's carries (along with Karlos) all preseason, then get a couple weeks rest when the season starts - whether he likes it or not. After a couple weeks of actually playing, Shady may just be ready for the JW return (if last season is any indication...). It's all part of the bigger plan!

Which is good news, you know, mixed with the crappy news. Looks like he can get most of Shady's carries (along with Karlos) all preseason, then get a couple weeks rest when the season starts - whether he likes it or not. After a couple weeks of actually playing, Shady may just be ready for the JW return (if last season is any indication...). It's all part of the bigger plan!

Drevil_million_dollars.jpg

Thread title is bad - this needs to be renamed or pulled.

How so?

Two players from our current draft class now have issues. Lawson and his injury and JW and his DWI, which will likely result in a suspension if it doesn't prevent him from making the team. It should be a foregone conclusion that Cardale Jones will be lucky to contribute in any capacity much less at QB.

This leaves Ragland, Washington, Seymour, and Listenbee as the only other draftees from this year, and three of those will be depth players at best.

So in essence we're down to Ragland that can possibly make a starting caliber impact.

I think that the thread title/subtitle is perfectly accurate.

Those are pretty key players to be missing time. Many Buffalo-oriented thinking that JW had possibilities. I don't to be honest, hardly a game-breaker and he missed last season and won't have played for two seasons, but given Shady's hammy, Karlos and JW were the odds-on faves to back him up.

Not sure whether JW will be suspended or not, but it sure also doesn't help his chances of making the team, especially if he's not that good to begin with during preseason as I suspect.

The players from previous drafts or traded for are the reasons why the other players mentioned are relevant. Except for Lawson of course who's supposed to replace Mario.

Read a piece yesterday, probably linked on the front page, about how the Bills' D has more talent this year than last and a prediction of 9 wins. Not seeing that. I see less talent, particularly with Lawson out. Ragland has issues in coverage and Washington is overrated IMO but either way will be a depth player, not a starter anyway as he has far more talent ahead of him on the depth chart, so his contributions even if he's good will be limited.

Anyway, I see a less talented D this year so far and injuries haven't even accumulated.

Did you have this date marked on your calender for peeing in the punchbowl?

Just curious