Let's Make The Buffalo Bills' Image Sparkle !!!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ICanSleep.... you're exactly the kind of go-getter i've been looking for my EM-50 project.

It's Rio baby, we zip in, we zip out. Its like goin into Wisconsin.....

Well, I got the s**t kicked out of me in Wisconsin once. Forget it!

That's just another reason why we need a spokesman for the virus. No urban assault vehicle required.

Well, I got the s**t kicked out of me in Wisconsin once. Forget it!

That's just another reason why we need a spokesman for the virus. No urban assault vehicle required.

I am not even sure where Wisconsin is.

Why would you go there?

• 3 weeks later...

Sometimes life interferes with my Bills obsession, but I just googled to see if anybody has taken the mantell of spokesman for the zika virus. The result? As far as I can tell, nobody has stepped up to the plate.

The situation is getting critical. The opening ceremony for the Rio Olympics is only a week away, and local transmission of the zika virus has reached our shores. There are now four cases of probable local zika transmission in the Miami area - - these aren't people who got sick after traveling to a foreign country or having sex with someone who did - - these are folks who were minding their own business and got bit by the wrong mosquito:

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-36926425

All of our players are going to be in Miami this season (unless Marquell makes the team and gets hurt by then), so I'm surprised the other Bills players haven't encouraged him to step up. It's in their own self-interest.

If Marquell can't or won't be a spokesman because he is worried about Listenbee taking his WR spot, maybe somebody else will have to do the job. I suggested upthread that maybe a Bills player of Greek decent would be a descent alternative, and somebody else separately suggested that a veteran former Bill might be able to do the job. I like that suggestion, because now that training camp is about to start, current Bills players have a lot on their plate. They need to focus on getting ready for the season, and may not have the time required to fill the virus spokesman role.

So I did a little checking, and it turns out there ARE a couple of former Bills of Greek decent who might be available to take this on. Anybody know what Fred Smerlas and Joe Panos are doing these days?

http://www.thenationalherald.com/37005/

Fred is by far the more famous player, so he would be my first choice unless Marquell gets hurt or cut soon.

Sometimes life interferes with my Bills obsession, but I just googled to see if anybody has taken the mantell of spokesman for the zika virus. The result? As far as I can tell, nobody has stepped up to the plate.

The situation is getting critical. The opening ceremony for the Rio Olympics is only a week away, and local transmission of the zika virus has reached our shores. There are now four cases of probable local zika transmission in the Miami area - - these aren't people who got sick after traveling to a foreign country or having sex with someone who did - - these are folks who were minding their own business and got bit by the wrong mosquito:

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-36926425

All of our players are going to be in Miami this season (unless Marquell makes the team and gets hurt by then), so I'm surprised the other Bills players haven't encouraged him to step up. It's in their own self-interest.

If Marquell can't or won't be a spokesman because he is worried about Listenbee taking his WR spot, maybe somebody else will have to do the job. I suggested upthread that maybe a Bills player of Greek decent would be a descent alternative, and somebody else separately suggested that a veteran former Bill might be able to do the job. I like that suggestion, because now that training camp is about to start, current Bills players have a lot on their plate. They need to focus on getting ready for the season, and may not have the time required to fill the virus spokesman role.

So I did a little checking, and it turns out there ARE a couple of former Bills of Greek decent who might be available to take this on. Anybody know what Fred Smerlas and Joe Panos are doing these days?

http://www.thenationalherald.com/37005/

Fred is by far the more famous player, so he would be my first choice unless Marquell gets hurt or cut soon.

should have let this die

They both died of the zika virus

Any news on this?

The opening ceremonies are tomorrow. The only person I've heard that's down in Brazil with a nominal connection to the Bills is Jerry Sullivan. Maybe someone can make a last minute effort to get him on board?