Let's Make The Buffalo Bills' Image Sparkle !!!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello All,

ZIKA is not a worldwide crisis in need of awareness. It is a media creation. Here is my humble opinion from the U.S. capital of ZIKA, Puerto Rico.

As of last week, there are about 1,100 cases of ZIKA in the continental U.S.. In U.S. territories (mostly PR) about 2,500 more cases are present. Most experts expect this virus to spread and grow. However, the concern is mostly media generated.

In the continental U.S. I think there has been one confirmed death. Out of 5 people who have ZIKA, only 1 presents symptoms. These symptoms are minimal, similar to a cold or flu. The trouble with ZIKA is if a pregnant woman contracts it there is potential for microcephlany.

Brazil and several other regions have a much higher concentration of the ZIKA virus however it still doesn't present a health "crisis."

Compare ZIKA to almost any other disease and you will find many more cases of the disease and many more deaths. Malaria kills about a half a million people for years. However, we understand malaria and are not concerned with it. ZIKA is the new disease on the block and is generating all sorts of media attention.

I think of ZIKA as the disease of the year, think SARS, Bird Flu, Mad Cow Disease, Ebola, West Nile etc. etc.

Although ZIKA will grow and will cause problems you are still 5x more likely to get killed by a shark, 5x more likely to blow yourself up with fireworks, and 50,000x more likely to be killed in a car crash.

P.S. I'll try not to contaminate Ralph Wilson stadium at the opener.

Hello All,

ZIKA is not a worldwide crisis in need of awareness. It is a media creation. Here is my humble opinion from the U.S. capital of ZIKA, Puerto Rico.

As of last week, there are about 1,100 cases of ZIKA in the continental U.S.. In U.S. territories (mostly PR) about 2,500 more cases are present. Most experts expect this virus to spread and grow. However, the concern is mostly media generated.

In the continental U.S. I think there has been one confirmed death. Out of 5 people who have ZIKA, only 1 presents symptoms. These symptoms are minimal, similar to a cold or flu. The trouble with ZIKA is if a pregnant woman contracts it there is potential for microcephlany.

Brazil and several other regions have a much higher concentration of the ZIKA virus however it still doesn't present a health "crisis."

Compare ZIKA to almost any other disease and you will find many more cases of the disease and many more deaths. Malaria kills about a half a million people for years. However, we understand malaria and are not concerned with it. ZIKA is the new disease on the block and is generating all sorts of media attention.

I think of ZIKA as the disease of the year, think SARS, Bird Flu, Mad Cow Disease, Ebola, West Nile etc. etc.

Although ZIKA will grow and will cause problems you are still 5x more likely to get killed by a shark, 5x more likely to blow yourself up with fireworks, and 50,000x more likely to be killed in a car crash.

You just drafted the public service announcement. Well done.

I also think a Bill Veteran should be included in this campaign. I nominate Ronnie Harmon.

Hello All,

Stay away from section 316 Zika-boy

... are you suggesting we send one of our players down to South America to contract the Zika virus???

To the best of my knollege Magic never had a formal contract to be the spokesman for the AIDS virus - - he just saw a need and stepped up. I don't see why it should be any different for the zika virus, but I admit I'm not familiar with how the public health system works in Brazil.

I Can Sleep......, you say you can be a LITTLE wordy? I thought I was reading War and Peace going through your post.

Shorten it up. Cut to the chase & be more direct. Sorry man, I moved on during the second paragraph.

you kids and your short attention spans. chat / texting / twitter have ruined this great nation

:ph34r:

To the best of my knollege Magic never had a formal contract to be the spokesman for the AIDS virus - - he just saw a need and stepped up. I don't see why it should be any different for the zika virus, but I admit I'm not familiar with how the public health system works in Brazil.

Magic was good kid and did the right thing.

But he was not trying to shine or sparkle. He was becoming a humanitarian.

lets not use averting a potential tragedy to polish an image/perception. That's kinda disgusting really. And self serving is not a method i approve of.

I am glad you want the Bills to be a shining star. But lets let it happen naturally and honestly. Do not attempt to manipulate perception please.

let me understand this.....L.A. is famous because of Magic J and he has aids.....so by extension if he did not have aids nobody would know anything about L.A. and it would be no more famous than Souix Falls or Spokane?????