What's next for technology?

Juror#8

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If someone could invent a toilet seat that doesn't squish your balls when you sit down, that would be tremendous.

Or maybe a toilet that can sense the size of a shlong and adjust the water down accordingly. That water is typically cold and deep when I'm standing at the urinal.

I edited my post to include a link to Google's website. Not sure if you saw that.

Much appreciated. I'm almost home and I'm going to watch the linked vid on my iPad. I'm actually really interested in this self driving car thing. I've been talking to my fiancé about it as we've been driving and she doesn't believe me so we will both watch it.

I see where you are going. I guess you are right. Has anything been invented that "gets things done" in the last 50 or so. I mean physically gets things done around house donestically.

We still cool our food, freeze.

Vacuum

Cook food

Talk on phone

Wash dishes

What is really new... I know computers, but is it physically doing for us? It cant take my wash down to the hamper? Start a load.

Everything really just has been modified to make things quicker.

But you would still have to be there. You couldn't just let go, fall asleep.

Dude just died in one... First ever I think... Slammed through a semi.

Exactly ... the new trend seems to be modifying things to make existing things more quick and efficient rather than creating new experiences.

The self driving car and the vehicle related tech that's been mentioned seems, at least, strongly evolutionary if not revolutionary.

I've been reading about Amazon delivering things same day with drones. That seems to be on the verge of something revolutionary. Imagine the implications of that ...

Seems to me the nextstep before on demand and same day services. Will a car that you find the best deal on in California be capable of delivery same day? Stud like that ...

The Tesla does this it changes lanes for you, all you need to do it use the blinked and it does the rest.

Hell my dodge charger has adaptive cruise control, it slows down and speeds up with traffic. It also will come to a complete stop.

Crazy. This vehicle tech is all new to me.

Or maybe a toilet that can sense the size of a shlong and adjust the water down accordingly. That water is typically cold and deep when I'm standing at the urinal.

Which of these "urinals" are you talking about?

thimbles-Phrontis.jpg

Much appreciated. I'm almost home and I'm going to watch the linked vid on my iPad. I'm actually really interested in this self driving car thing. I've been talking to my fiancé about it as we've been driving and she doesn't believe me so we will both watch it.

Exactly ... the new trend seems to be modifying things to make existing things more quick and efficient rather than creating new experiences.

The self driving car and the vehicle related tech that's been mentioned seems, at least, strongly evolutionary if not revolutionary.

I've been reading about Amazon delivering things same day with drones. That seems to be on the verge of something revolutionary. Imagine the implications of that ...

Seems to me the nextstep before on demand and same day services. Will a car that you find the best deal on in California be capable of delivery same day? Stud like that ...

Crazy. This vehicle tech is all new to me.

Stop texting and driving.

There was basically no motion on the technology front from the 40s through the 70s - a tv, a radio, and a phone is what folks had. There were just minor evolutionary changes to those devices for forty years.

Then the 80s comes and just destroyed paradigms with respect to invention (Internet, cell phones, video gaming, multi media devices, home computer, etc.). And there have only been incremental improvements on those existing devices for the last 30 years but nothing revolutionary.

Have we reached an inventive plateau? From a technology standpoint, can things get appreciably better then they are now? Sure, phones and devices will get faster and more vibrant, but have we peaked as far as "big things" to come out of the technology sector?

beam me up scotty!

Elongated toilet helps

definitely, hard to get the front and back in at the same time.

I think the OP is missing out on the incredible level of evolutionary improvements in technology. The smartphone is hardly the brick cellphone that was invented decades ago. Look at safety improvements, fuel efficiency and reliability improvements in cars over the last ten years alone much less as compared to the history of the car.

Hell even your refrigerator has gone through significant improvements in performance in the last twenty years. Talk about a basically boring device but one that still gets improved.

The list goes on and on.

gotta disagree with that, I'v gotten 3 fridges in 20 yrs because they quit working but still have an old freezer from the 60s that still freezes away. Those old fridges last forever.

If someone could invent a toilet seat that doesn't squish your balls when you sit down, that would be tremendous.

I am telling you: "Rim rider technique" is the way to go my friend. You wanna keep that intestine in a nice straight line too! Get those feet up on that seat and free ball away!

It works in Asian countries! The squat method that is. :D:D

You're completely ignoring the fields of biotechnology and nanotechnology. Then there's advances in the ultimate technology...general artificial intelligence. Once that one hits who knows where things go

I think this is on target. I also agree with whoever said 3D printing technology. That could be bigger than anyone is imagining right now...

I am telling you: "Rim rider technique" is the way to go my friend. You wanna keep that intestine in a nice straight line too! Get those feet up on that seat and free ball away!

It works in Asian countries! The squat method that is. :D:D

I googled "rim rider technique" and now there are 2 FBI agents knocking on my door. Thanks.

I googled "rim rider technique" and now there are 2 FBI agents knocking on my door. Thanks.

Ha! Should have used the search here... I think one of the posters here coined the term. FBI just blows this place off as the ultimate place for cranks. :D

Edited by ExiledInIllinois