NFL.com Making the Leap: Ronald Darby

In Around The NFL's "Making the Leap" series, we spotlight emerging players to keep an eye on in 2016. Whether rising from no-namer to quality starter or vaulting from standout to superstar, each of these individuals is poised to break through in the coming campaign.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000673504/article/making-the-leap-bills-cb-ronald-darby?campaign=Twitter_atn

The NFL is a sink-or-swim league.

Buffalo Bills corner Ronald Darby swam from Day 1 of his pro career last season, like a shark fully comfortable in the deep, dark NFL waters.

Edited by YoloinOhio

Biggest 2015 surprise for me (over TT) by a long shot.

I believe I started a thread right before the season which basically called him the weak link on the defense. What a kneejerk I am.

(I also didn't think Von Miller would be a dominant pro)

I believe I started a thread right before the season which basically called him the weak link on the defense. What a kneejerk I am.

Well, there you have it. Right from the horses mouth.

If Darby had a couple more INTs, he wouldn't be here. But it is true that he had balls hit him in the hands. Both of our CBs struggle there. That highlight video doesn't do him justice either.

yet surprisingly still unemployed. Wonder what the full story is there.

Indeed Yolo.

Last i heard much like Pepper Johnson he had aspirations.

perhaps the opportunity has yet to present itself ?

yet surprisingly still unemployed. Wonder what the full story is there.

issue appears to be communications; they brought in people who they think will communicate Rex's complicated concepts to some players who should be earning GEDs.

(I also didn't think Von Miller would be a dominant pro)

After those preseason games I thought luck and the Colts were going to tear him up. Nooooot exactly

Darby was the steal of the draft last year. The Bills may choose to let Gilmore walk because of this kid. I hate that thought but wow did this kid play last year.

BB - I've heard others make that connection, but we need three very good CB's as 60-65% of plays are in the nickel. Rex's scheme especially relies on man to man coverage and is really a back heavy team vs. front 7. These are just negotiations with Gillmore. Rex won't let Doug let Gillmore out the door. They'll have the money next year, and probably could even ink a deal this summer. We don't know what's going on behind closed doors.

As far as Darby, he's exactly what we needed in last year's draft. I can see us signing Gillmore, and next year focusing highly on a top safety. With Aaron Williams coming back healthy, and this year's draft, we should see a step forward in the defense.

Then again, I have been drinking a lot of kook-aid this summer.

After those preseason games I thought luck and the Colts were going to tear him up. Nooooot exactly

You weren't the only one !!

BB - I've heard others make that connection, but we need three very good CB's as 60-65% of plays are in the nickel. Rex's scheme especially relies on man to man coverage and is really a back heavy team vs. front 7. These are just negotiations with Gillmore. Rex won't let Doug let Gillmore out the door. They'll have the money next year, and probably could even ink a deal this summer. We don't know what's going on behind closed doors.

As far as Darby, he's exactly what we needed in last year's draft. I can see us signing Gillmore, and next year focusing highly on a top safety. With Aaron Williams coming back healthy, and this year's draft, we should see a step forward in the defense.

Then again, I have been drinking a lot of kook-aid this summer.

Nothing wrong with some ice cooled Koolaid during the hot days of summer.