2017 NFL draft will be held in Philadelphia

Look, Philly fans get a bad rap IMHO. But seriously, an event like this pretty much shuts down that city. The papal visit erupted into so much of a sh*t show that people were driving out to NJ, parking their cars and taking the train back in.

Seriously, which city has a worse-behaved fan base? I think Denver has the most stupid fans (chanting for Tebow); Boston's fans (residents, really) are, by far, the biggest a-holes on the continent; but Philly's fans, in my opinion, are the most poorly behaved.

Well, there are LA: http://nypost.com/2015/10/13/mets-fan-victim-of-bloody-dodger-stadium-beatdown/

St. Louis, where their own fans have shot each other and beat down cubs fans.

Jets fans, where their most famous fan Fireman Ed is beloved for being a violent trash talker.

I've been to a lot of Philly sports events and there are plenty of chuckle heads, but I've seen just as bad with Bills and Sabres fans. But no the Santa Snowball incident, 20 years before I was born, still gets brought up.

Well, there are LA: http://nypost.com/2015/10/13/mets-fan-victim-of-bloody-dodger-stadium-beatdown/

St. Louis, where their own fans have shot each other and beat down cubs fans.

Jets fans, where their most famous fan Fireman Ed is beloved for being a violent trash talker.

I've been to a lot of Philly sports events and there are plenty of chuckle heads, but I've seen just as bad with Bills and Sabres fans. But no the Santa Snowball incident, 20 years before I was born, still gets brought up.

I guess I'm talking more about "stadium behavior," more than individual idiots. For instance, cheering when an opposing player is injured.

I like the idea of moving it around. Philly is an odd choice, IMO. Buffalo could do it (I doubt the criteria are anywhere near that of a Super Bowl); Pittsburgh; Green Bay; or any city that has not or could not host a Super Bowl would be a seemingly good way to bring a marquee NFL event to more cities.