Interview with Daniel "Boom" Herron

Hey all, I write from time to time for BuffaloRising.com during the Bills season and was approached by the agency that represents Boom. They would like to get him some exposure so sometime over the course of the next few weeks, I will be setting up an interview with him. This will be a first for me so I thought I would reach out to see if there were any questions you thought might be interesting (and Bills fans might want to know).

Thanks in advance!

I'd like to know what life is like for a running back who is always fighting for a job in a league where even the top backs have been devalued. Boom had a couple of really good games as a Colt and then is right back to chasing a roster spot. How does he handle that?

For a softball question, you could ask if there are any local restaurants, or any local food specialties, that he especially enjoys or that he finds to be truly unique from what he could find in Cincy or Indy.

On Wikipedia it says his father is a bishop, so I imagine he was brought up going to church. Has playing at a major university (Ohio State) and in the NFL had an impact on his faith life?

I'd also be interested in hearing his perspective on special teams today. Does he think kickoffs should be eliminated? Does he like the longer PAT distance?

Finally, if he had the chance to play with any quarterback in the league except for the Bills' quarterbacks, who would it be?

p.s. - if you want to ask a typical sideline reporter question, does he think the Bills have a chance to win this season?

Edited by John Gianelli

For a softball question, you could ask if there are any local restaurants, or any local food specialties, that he especially enjoys or that he finds to be truly unique from what he could find in Cincy or Indy.

On Wikipedia it says his father is a bishop, so I imagine he was brought up going to church. Has playing at a major university (Ohio State) and in the NFL had an impact on his faith life?

I'd also be interested in hearing his perspective on special teams today. Does he think kickoffs should be eliminated? Does he like the longer PAT distance?

Finally, if he had the chance to play with any quarterback in the league except for the Bills' quarterbacks, who would it be?

p.s. - if you want to ask a typical sideline reporter question, does he think the Bills have a chance to win this season?

These are awesome questions. You might have missed your calling.

unless.....

I'd ask him what makes Roman so good at coordinating a run game?

And I'd ask him what it'll take for him to earn a roster spot with so many talented backs in camp?

If he was smart he would not answer #1 honestly.

and the second question's answer is injuries, unfortunately for him. That is how he got on the Bills before and we are much thicker now at RB. Maybe one of the leagues best on paper

Edited by 3rdand12

Ask him how he will attempt to outrun The Turk this year.

I'd ask him what makes Roman so good at coordinating a run game?

And I'd ask him what it'll take for him to earn a roster spot with so many talented backs in camp?

That's easy....a fleet footed QB.

All good stuff, thanks and I will let you know how it turns out - thanks again!

Here are some ones I was throwing around....

• His love for dogs so certainly we'll discuss that a little bit
  • Buffalonians have a soft spot for people they can identify with.....what are some of the things you like about the city and how did it feel coming back on June 9 after being let go by the Bills last year? I would imagine that you are even hungrier and wanting to prove to them they made a mistake after last season.
  • How do you focus on the job that needs to get done......getting playing time while knowing that most likely there are 3 spots taken with one left to fight for. How can you separate yourself?
  • What is that feeling like when you hear your name being called in the NFL Draft. Not many people in this world get a chance to fulfill their dreams and here you are making that happen
  • Rex Ryan is a pretty polarizing figure. How do you react to that type of coaching where he may seem to be more of a buddy than an NFL coach at times
  • Favorite food in Buffalo and where he goes to get it
Edited by BuffaloBaumer

The closest a hot dog will get to a sandwich is a HamSandwhich.

!!

Wings: Ranch or Blue cheese?

It Probably should be the opening question.

And if he selects incorrect, the awkward silence after would have been, well awkward.