LAMP, Gettin' Hitched

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We went to a friends house for a movie night, since that was my first date with her. I dressed terrible. And old Bills t shirt with holes in it, dirty shorts. She was suspicious, so I did that to throw her off. Also had my boss tell her that I had New Years Eve off, even though I didn't, to throw her off my trail.

Then about 20 minutes into the Home Alone 2, I got up to go to the bathroom. About ten minutes later, the movie flickered out, and changed to a slideshow I wrote, with my friend helping out with the technical aspects of it, with "Wouldn't It Be Nice" from the Beach Boys playing. It had pictures from throughout our relationship, and a few paragraphs that I'd written about what she means to me.

When it was over, I came out in my full suit. I made what seemed to be the slowest ten foot walk of my life, Got on my knee, composed myself (My allergies were acting up, totally wasn't crying. I'm a man after all), and asked her to marry me.

You totally stole that from Queer Eye for the Straight Guy.

Congrats man.

2 questions:

1. Home Alone 2?

2. Why did you have your boss tell her that you had NYE off? How did that "throw her off your trail?"

We have movie nights with these friends semi regularly anyway, so we picked something the kids could watch.

This happened on the 30th. So after my boss, who she happens to be friends with, told her I had New Years Eve off, I purposely got real defensive like I didn't know what she was talking about.

Dude, that was pretty awesome! Well done. That being said....not sure we actually ever heard the question, so there may be a loophole....also....no socks????????? :D

I said it, just not very loud due to all the cryi... Allergies acting up.

They were white socks. Actually didn't notice till now that I was so nervous that I forgot to put on the dress socks I had with me.

We have movie nights with these friends semi regularly anyway, so we picked something the kids could watch.

This happened on the 30th. So after my boss, who she happens to be friends with, told her I had New Years Eve off, I purposely got real defensive like I didn't know what she was talking about.

did you just assume her gender?!